Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT Approvals

so got my denial letters from comenity for my attempted initial CLI - denial reason- we do not approve credit line increases on new cards. we would like to see regular use on them before giving you an increase- ha!! first time ever seeing that..already been to the mall once comenity! not too worry! haha

Message 41 of 45
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

That's too bad Sasha. There's always next time. To take from Gmood, use that card like you stole it! Smiley Wink

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 42 of 45
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so got my denial letters from comenity for my attempted initial CLI - denial reason- we do not approve credit line increases on new cards. we would like to see regular use on them before giving you an increase- ha!! first time ever seeing that..already been to the mall once comenity! not too worry! haha

Much more nicely phrased than my CLI denial on my Roaman's card when it was maybe a month old. Reading other threads I figured there was no harm in punching the CLI button....

(insert your womp womp here!)

So I'm using it somewhere between "like I stole it" and "like I snuck it out of Mom's sock drawer and as long as I pay it off and the bill never shows up it's all good" and we'll see. Anyone have any thoughts on when to punch the Roaman's or Overstock luv buttons?

Message 43 of 45
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats sasha on your recent approvals. I hope you enjoyed the rush when the SCT window popped. I know I still get a thrill.

A side note of advise, Comenity is very sensitive to EQ and EX inquiries and new accounts.  They have been known to approve

you, mail you the card, and then close the account before you ever activate the card. 

Just take it slow, be selective when it comes to Comenity ( and Barclays ) and you should be ok

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 44 of 45
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Almost forgot, peghede has a running thread on his Comenity CLIs. You might get some good info from it

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.