Did you mean: 

SCT - IKEA bait and switch, CLI

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: SCT - IKEA bait and switch, CLI

@FinStar wrote:

You got me! Congratulations! You Rock!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same exact situation with me today, I was Catfished. Pre-qualify IKEA Projekt at 5500, processed it and came back with 750.00. Im going to try what you all did and hit the LUV button as soon as I get the card and register my account online.

Im confused on the difference between the Projekt card and the IKEA Visa. I have a pre-approval for the Visa, but I was pre-qualified for the Projekt (store card). Is the Projekt store card though Comnity like the Visa is? Did I make the right choice going for the pre-qualify Store card v. preapproved visa? I have quite a few CC's, only store cards is Victoria Secret.

Message 12 of 17
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy ive done Garden shame apps many a time. The only cure for them are 3 months time and an approvalSmiley Wink

LOL, that is been happening to me too. Whenever i am reaching to almost 3 months mark, ending applying and getting approved for cards/CLIs. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Same exact situation with me today, I was Catfished. Pre-qualify IKEA Projekt at 5500, processed it and came back with 750.00. Im going to try what you all did and hit the LUV button as soon as I get the card and register my account online.

Im confused on the difference between the Projekt card and the IKEA Visa. I have a pre-approval for the Visa, but I was pre-qualified for the Projekt (store card). Is the Projekt store card though Comnity like the Visa is? Did I make the right choice going for the pre-qualify Store card v. preapproved visa? I have quite a few CC's, only store cards is Victoria Secret.

The potential outcome is definitely disclosed in the fine print prior to clicking submit.   That being said, the IKEA Projekt card is more or less a limited purpose product for long term financing (i.e. large purchases but no rewards) whereas the Visa CC earns rewards and has more acceptance outside of IKEA.  Both cards are issued by Comenity/CCB.  Personally, I would have opted for the Visa CC, unless your plan was to leverage the long term financing promotions on an ongoing basis.

Message 14 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I'm so glad you posted this....I just re-read some of my screenshots (that darned fine print) thanks @FinStar !

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 15 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

delete

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 17
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval, but that bait and switch does suck.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.