Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT Still Works On Overstock- Approval

tag
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

SCT Still Works On Overstock- Approval

Had tried the CT before and it never worked. So tonight I was on looking for school clothes. I had two things in my cart. I reach for my CC and a screen pops up with an approval for the Overstock Card. So yes I accepted. Hopefully there is no pull because I was not looking for a hard pull. Trying to lay low and improve my score. Scores listed are accurate.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT Still Works On Overstock- Approval

For quite a few months now people have been reporting HPs with pop up preapprovals, although lately there have been some who are getting SP approvals in the vein of the SCT. I would say at this point though, until we start seeing it becoming more widespread, your odds are probably better than 50/50 that the HP shows up in the next couple days.
Message 2 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new overstock card Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@ImTheDevil For me this was still a good thing in my rebuilding. I know it was approved without me cold applying and possibly being declined. So that would have been a waste of a hard pull. It will be an excellent move if it’s a soft pull. So now I will wait and see if I see a pull. I will update and post if I do. Fingers crossed 🤞

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do hope it works out for you with no HP. Even if they do pull you though, a HP when applying for needed credit is the price to pay for strengthening your profile and is far from the end of the world. Congrats on the approval and continued success Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thanks @ImTheDevil you know where I’m coming from. If only they all would use this SCT and we knew we where approved it would save some hard pulls. I still think this is a good thing. I would never have applied otherwise 😀.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I’m really hoping that the Apple Card method - SP preapproval with APR and limit disclosed, HP if offer is accepted - catches on. I doubt it will though, since as we see so often here, “if I knew it’d only be a $1000 SL I’d never have applied. Guess I’ll keep it since I took the HP.” If banks let people know their SL was going to suck, they’d get far fewer cardholders and thus less profit...
Message 7 of 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

I agree with you

Message 8 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, I hope you don't get Overstock'd with a HP!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Funny 😁 @M_Smart007

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.