Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Premium Cash Back Plus Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDFCU Premium Cash Back Plus Approved

I applied for and was approved for the SDFCU Premium Cash Back+.

I joined SDFCU in December with both a checking and a savings account. I had not used the accounts, but in February I deposited about $45, I deposited $100 in March, about $1,000 in April, and about $300 in May. I had a little over $1,500 on deposit with them at the time of my application. I also used my debit card a few times online in May.

I have one full-time and one part-time job. When I applied I submitted the last two pay stubs from both of my jobs, a copy of my driver's license, SS card, and Spectrum bill.

My annual income is $30,000. On one of the documents that they e-mailed me, it showed my income as $56,000 annually. I messaged them saying I had no idea how that happened, but that is NOT what I had put down and that my annual income is only $30,000. I also called into the credit union. The person I talked with said that they know I did not put that amount on the application, and that they got it from my credit report. She also said that they could not consider the income from my part-time job, since the pay stubs are handwritten.

Data points:
0 derogs
Open Accounts:
Student Loan: $4,636/$7,330
Student Loan: $3,354/$5,500
Discover: $488/$20,000
Wells Fargo: $0/$3,800
Chase Freedom: $0/4500

AAoA was about 10 years.
AoOA was about 20 years.
AoYA was a little over 7 months

SDFCU lists my Experian (VER.2) score at the time of application as 795.

I was worried about not getting approved since the minimum CL is $5,000 and they are a known conservative lender, but I was approved for a $20,000 CL!

I'm so excited! This is one of the few 2% cash back cards that is a Visa card. That means I will be able to use it at Costco, and I won't have to wait until every February to get the cash back. I have already redeemed some of the cash back as a statement credit.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: SDFCU Premium Cash Back Plus Approved

$20,000 CL - Sweet!

Congratulations and Have A Happy & Safe 4th of July.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that starting CL is crazy! Good job!
Message 3 of 21
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: SDFCU Premium Cash Back Plus Approvedc

Congrats on the new card with SDFCU and the sweet SL!

Message 4 of 21
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Whoa!!! Congratulations on that monster SL! Enjoy!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

ZZWW2017 great approval! Also, was informed they were tough to get approved with so you accomplished a lot. Would like the card you obtained as it is a solid 2% with the Visa Signature benefits (if needed). Feel good about your score! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and awesome SL!

Message 7 of 21
Namaste7
Established Contributor

🎉CONGRATULATIONS 🎉

That’s an awesome SL especially from SDFCU especially given your income. I’m hoping mine will grow to 20k!!!

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excelent Congrats on your awesome approval!!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and nice SL.. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.