cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU - Premium Cash Back +

Frequent Contributor

SDFCU - Premium Cash Back +

Was approved today by the skin of my teeth for membership to the State Department Federal Credit Union and the Premium Cash Back + credit card.  Smiley Happy

They pulled Experian, Amex Experian FICO 8 says 780. I had 9 INQ's in last 24 months, 2 in last 12 months.  6 CC's in last 24 months, 2 in last 12 months.  Paid off a car loan and got a new one 2 months ago.  One mortgage, 11 accounts total.  AAoA 2y5m, oldest account 7y1m, no derogs, util ~1% total, $88.5k total available credit.  Should probably mention that none of my Business CC's showed up in their pull.

I applied online and uploaded last 2 pay stubs, photos of drivers license, certifacate of membership to American Consumer Council.  Told them I was specifically interested in Chip + PIN card in comments.

App'ed on Monday after telling someone else about in Credit Card section of the forum and talking myself into applying for it.  They have a system so that you can check your application status online and the next day it as saying "Need more info".  I waited for them to reach out until today, Thursday, when I called and asked what the scoop was.  Not used to 4 day waits and was getting a little bit of cold feet about apping.  They said they my app should be reviewed this afternoon.

I didn't hear anything back so I checked my application status after work and it said I was approved for $5k, which is listed as the lowest limit they would approve for.  Not even sure on the APR yet, but I suspect it is the highest, guess we'll see.

Just wanted to give my data points for this card and CU, there aren't too many details on it except hearing that they are really conservative and are not friendly to thick credit files with lots of CC's or high available credit limits.  Seems like I just sneaked in.  Let me know there is any other details you'd like to know.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: SDFCU - Premium Cash Back +

Congrats on the approval and thanks for the data points!

Total Credit: $218,900Utilization: 1%AAoA: 5yrs, 5mthsInstallments: Car Lease, Marcus LoanBaddies: 0On Chop Block: Nobody NA

DSC-27.1K | NFC-25K | ALI-25k | WAL-10k | BoA-22k | BB-12k | NFL-15k | LOW-35k | AMX-19.3k | CHA-10k | PF-8.8k | C-DC-9.7k
Message 2 of 6
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 3 of 6
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!!!

11-2018 / Fico 8 EX 789 , EQ 796 , TR 797
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 4 of 6
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sneaking in with 5k is pretty good imoSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval...great DP.....Smiley Happy

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) AmexPlat (NPSL 35K) Chase CSP (25k) BofA CR Siggy (22.1k) BofA BBR (22.9k) Pier 1(18.5k) Amex BCP(18k) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) Overstock (13K) Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (10k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(9.5k☝️) J Crew( 9.9k) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (7.5K) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) Citi Diamond (6.5k) PenFed PCR (5K) Discover (4k✌️) Kohls (3k)
Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K

FICO 8 Scores EX 698(18) EQ 675(24)TU 696(20)
AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=344,050
Gardening until Aug 2020
Message 6 of 6