Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG Luxury Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SPG Luxury Card Approval

I've started planning for my 2019 trips and couldn't pass up on this card before it transitions to the BonVoy Brilliant Smiley Frustrated The increased SUB and spend for new accounts starting 13 February 2019 didn't interest me.  The $300.00 hotel credits and $100.00 Global Entry reimbursement for Year 1 would really be useful.  My application went in on Friday night.  To my dismay, I received the thank you for applying and we'll get back to you language.  

I called the backdoor number this morning and spoke with a very courteous and helpful representative.  He advised me that as an existing customer, my credit report was not pulled (they did soft pull on 30 January 2019) and had to verify my DOB and address.  He also asked me to confirm whether or not I am active duty military (I wish I was - for the annual fee waiver! but my father is the one who served).

After a tense (for me only - as my previous applications were all instantly approved) 10 seconds (felt like at least 35...) He advised me that I was in fact approved! SL is $14,900.00.  Smiley Very Happy

I mentioned that I had hoped when I initially applied that I would've gotten an instant approval and virtual card number as I wanted to start my spend asap.  He agreed to expedite the card via UPS - 2 or 3 day delivery - at no additional charge.

Data points:

-EX Fico 08 is 826

-0/12, LOL/24 Inquiries

-2/12, LOL/24 New Accounts

-AAoA 7 years 3 months

-3 other AMEX revolvers at time of application - TCL $31,000.00 - always PIF.

-This approval puts me at TCL $45,900.00 - no POI or FR requested

I burned AMEX in the late 90s.  I never thought of applying during my rebuild.  My company issued a corporate card to me in 2017 (needless to say, because of my past dealings, it probably took longer than most for approval.) I started receiving targeted offers later that year and here I am today.  AMEX has a long memory, but if you are responsible and treat them well, they obviously reciprocate.  Very excited for my new card, and will be looking to upgrade my Hilton Ascend by the summer.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: SPG Luxury Card Approval

Congrats on your new card and getting back in with AMEX!

Message 2 of 5
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.
The "give us a few days" message is more common than ever theses days, the instant approval seems to have take a backseat. It freaked me out a little the first app I saw it on too, but, since then it has not worried me at all.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 5
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your MASSIVE Success with AMEX!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.