cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks Approval...AFTER Denial!!! Must Read!!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Saks Approval...AFTER Denial!!! Must Read!!

Hi guys!! I'm new to the forum...ummm no, not really lol. Anytime I would need help or confused about something I could google MyFico and read soooo many posts...I finally decided, hey why not join!! Glad to be here :-)

My journey with credit re-started a few years ago. Restarted as in no real credit history but 1 baddie from 7 years ago due to a loan I could not maintain. That recently fell off and I immediately applied for an Amex Delta card. Approved for $1000. A few months later after paying that card on time and in full, I received an offer to apply for the Amex charge card!! Aaaaaggh approved!!! My credit score at this time was 640. I believe Amex cared more about the relationship I had built with them than my score. Citi Card next approved for $800.

I did not apply for anything else for about a year which leads me to this year, 2018. I applied for a capital one platinum card. After receiving a "under review" screen called and found out I was not approved due to a fraud alert I had recently signed up for and would have to remove it to proceed. Had to call all 3 bureaus and get it removed and have my application "reprocessed" which I found out meant run my credit again! So 2 hits for 1 application that got approved for $1000. Next applied to Neimans which is a capital one backed card...received the call to verify info email. Called, told I was denied. After literally calling 50 million times to try to reach someone that could help verify, was approved for $2000. (CLI to $3,000 after just 1 month and paying triple the statement)

I shop at both Saks and Neimans a lot and was surprised to see Saks is also Capital One backed. Applied as my credit score is 690 now, no baddies, 100 payment on time, no more than 6 inquiries, and 22% util and was given the under review screen (aren't those so frustrating!!). Called and was told have to wait for letter in the mail. I was told this by about 20 agents (I'm a firm believer in sometimes you have to keep calling til you get what you want!!) The letter finally came saying denied but no reason why and I could write for that...um no thanks!!! After reading posts on here (thanks guys!!)...I emailed EO and told them I have 2 other capital one cards and if I'm denied it has to be for verification reasons. (No I wouldn't let it go) Someone called me and said they would look into the matter...very nice lady named Lisa!! Called me back 3 hrs later and said it was indeed a verification issue and apologized and said someone would call me later that evening if I wanted to proceed with my application. I said I did, thanked her and that same night Saks called, sent a code to my phone they wanted me to verify and approved me for $750

It's not a lot but def my foot in the door and shows sometimes that no isn't really a no...its just a keep trying!!!! My journey continues!!!
16 REPLIES 16
New Contributor

Re: Saks Approval...AFTER Denial!!! Must Read!!

Nice story and congrats on the approval.  You're right, sometimes a no is just a delayed yes lol.

10/18
EQ 618
TU 636
EX 625
6/19
EQ 628
TU 644
EX 654
Message 2 of 17

Yes!! Exactly lol... don't give up or in!
Message 3 of 17
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice job Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing and welcome officially to the forumSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 4 of 17
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and your credit journey!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 5 of 17

Thank you!!!
Message 6 of 17

Thanks so much!!!
Message 7 of 17
Senior Contributor

COngrats on your approval !!!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 8 of 17

Love that Meme lol!! Thank u!
Message 9 of 17
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all your approvals and limits!!

WTG!!👍👍👍👍

Welcome to MyFICO Forums!!

😊

Starting FICO 8 Score: EQ 491
Stating FICO 8 Scores 03/17/2018
TU 483 EX 527 EQ 491
Current FICO 8 Score:
EQ 632
Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL**
Goal Score: 650(within a year)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.