Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks CLI? Approval (finally!) and question

tag
hellohum
Valued Member

Saks CLI? Approval (finally!) and question

I have had a Saks Store card for five plus years and it has been stuck at my $500 limit so it rarely is used. I had called for increases a couple of times but was still building my credit and denied. Today I went to ask for an increase on my Quiksilver on the app and it gave me the option to choose to ask for an increase on the Saks store card so I did. It asked for my income and how much I spend on credit cards, I panicked and put $2000, and it gave me an increase of $2000 to $2500! I am over the moon excited! It's just been in the past few months I've fiiiinally achieved good credit so this is my highest limit now. 

From searching the forum I have seen you can ask for cli's on this card monthly but I've also seen to put something crazy as your asking limit so I should I have put a much larger number for my monthly spend? I know this card can have potential and with it being Saks, it kind of needs a high limit to not max it out in a small trip so I am curious what you all would recommend for a plan to continue have cli success with this card. 

TU: 702 EQ: 698 EX: 678
Apple $3000 / Citi Doublecash $3000 / Capital One QuicksilverOne $2350 / Nordstrom Visa $2200 / Discover It $2000 / Amazon Prime Visa $1500 // Macy’s $5300 / Saks $2500 / Target $1500 / Ulta $1500 / Kohls $1500 / Victoria’s Secret $1500 / Sephora $1000 / Meijer $900 / Walmart $600 / TJX $200
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Saks CLI? Approval (finally!) and question

@hellohum wrote:

I have had a Saks Store card for five plus years and it has been stuck at my $500 limit so it rarely is used. I had called for increases a couple of times but was still building my credit and denied. Today I went to ask for an increase on my Quiksilver on the app and it gave me the option to choose to ask for an increase on the Saks store card so I did. It asked for my income and how much I spend on credit cards, I panicked and put $2000, and it gave me an increase of $2000 to $2500! I am over the moon excited! It's just been in the past few months I've fiiiinally achieved good credit so this is my highest limit now. 

From searching the forum I have seen you can ask for cli's on this card monthly but I've also seen to put something crazy as your asking limit so I should I have put a much larger number for my monthly spend? I know this card can have potential and with it being Saks, it kind of needs a high limit to not max it out in a small trip so I am curious what you all would recommend for a plan to continue have cli success with this card. 

Hi @hellohum and welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, CLIs are not something that are granted monthly on the Saks CC (or any Capital One PLCCs). You'd need to space them out. Try every four to six months between intervals. You can try requesting them every month, but it's doubfult regardless of the artificial amounts you input on the form whether that would likely get the CLI approved.

Message 2 of 5
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Saks 5X CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 5
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's great!  Congratulations on your Saks/Cap1 Approval!🥂🎉🍾

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, grats on the 5x move on up Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.