Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks Fifth Avenue Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saks Fifth Avenue Approved

My hope is to get the WEMC but you have to apply for the store card first.  I was approved for 4000 which seems incredbily low, but upon research I think this is high for the store card.  I immediately apped for the WEMC and plugged in my Saks card number and will have to wait.  From what I can tell this isn't an instant notification for the upgrade.  Anyone know if a CLI comes with it?  4K is damn near usless at Saks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Saks Fifth Avenue Approved

Congrats!!

Back when I got mine I was approved for $2500 store acct but called in and asked for $5k which they gave me. I would call and just ask for $25k because they'll counter if they can't do the full amount.

Goodluck with the WEMC, I don't think it ever gives an instant approval. It will take a couple days.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Congrats!!

Back when I got mine I was approved for $2500 store acct but called in and asked for $5k which they gave me. I would call and just ask for $25k because they'll counter if they can't do the full amount.

Goodluck with the WEMC, I don't think it ever gives an instant approval. It will take a couple days.

I tried to call actually, they're closed...... Ugh, why does the credit bug always bite during the hour of the wolf?

And thanks for the luck!  I've been reading some of the old threads, is it still two trade lines?  I figured it'd be a conversion like with Nordstrom.  Not too keen on 2 new TL's hitting my report in addition to the 2 others (Amex BCE and Fidelity).

Message 3 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Congrats!!

I tried to call actually, they're closed...... Ugh, why does the credit bug always bite during the hour of the wolf?

And thanks for the luck!  I've been reading some of the old threads, is it still two trade lines?  I figured it'd be a conversion like with Nordstrom.  Not too keen on 2 new TL's hitting my report in addition to the 2 others (Amex BCE and Fidelity).

Yup it's two trade lines like Macy's. The store acct tends to be easier to grow. My MC acct started at $6k in 2013 and its $7200 today. They like to see usage. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
Congrats!!

So I just finished calling for the CL reconsideration.  The first thing she asked was "Did you apply instore or online?".  I of course applied online and she said if you apply online you have to wait 30 days for a CLI.  Bummer.

The crappy thing is that the closest Saks is almost 2 hours away.  Just found out they build an off fifth closer though.  I guess it would have been better to apply in the store (the off fifth).

Message 6 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

That's ok, just mark your calendar for 30 days. I guess they changed it from a few years ago.
Message 7 of 11
catherine412
Established Member

HI, all! I was just wondering what is the lowest that the regular Saks Fifth store card (the only you can only use inside Saks Fifth Avenue), like what the lowest credit line you could be approved for would be with this card?? I'm hoping because it is such a high priced store that the minimum credit line will be high. I can't seem to drum up any research on it. Anyone been quoted a low credit line with this card?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@catherine412 wrote:

HI, all! I was just wondering what is the lowest that the regular Saks Fifth store card (the only you can only use inside Saks Fifth Avenue), like what the lowest credit line you could be approved for would be with this card?? I'm hoping because it is such a high priced store that the minimum credit line will be high. I can't seem to drum up any research on it. Anyone been quoted a low credit line with this card?

Sorry I can't help there. I haven't had an account with them since before my Chapter 13. I love the store or at least used to before they stopped carrying petites.

Congratulations, OP!

Message 9 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

@catherine412 wrote:

The lowest I saw on Credit Pulls was 1k in 13' and 1.6k in 14'.  There were a couple $600 in 07' or 08' for the HSBC store card.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.