Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Saks Store Card CLI - WOW!

No, does capital one do that?
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Saks Store Card CLI - WOW!

Congrats!  That's a much better limit, so now you can buy something fun! 

Two months ago, I went on a credit card application spree after years of not seeking credit and subsequently rebuilding.  The Saks store card was one of the retail I applied for due to my love for fashion plus my good relationship with Capital One.  When I applied, it asked me to call a number for verification. Followed the instructions to call, and was approved over the phone with a starting credit limit of $2,250.  They pulled Equifax (my highest) that was around 779 at the time. I hope they will increase my limit (I know I can call and ask) to improve overall utilization, so your post gives me hope.

I also applied for the Neiman Marcus card (also C1), and that process was brutal.  I was given the same "call this number", but they required me to go in the store to apply hitting me with another inquiry which I plan to dispute. It paid off, though, since they gave me a starting limit credit limit of $6,000 using my Equifax score (again the highest).  I hope the limits of these two retail cards increase!  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.