Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salute to Navy!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salute to Navy!!

I won't bore you wonderful people with all the details of what was, but I am thrilled to share what is. I've been lurking and learning here on this forum, and in just a year and a half, I improved my scores tremendously. I paid off all collections(PFD), got a secured Cap One $500 and a secured Discover $500. A few months later, I applied for and received an Ashley Furniture card for $3000.

Discover graduated a couple of months ago, deposit returned, CL is now $2000. Thanks to my brother's 20 year service in the military, I was able to join Navy Fed in August 2020. Direct deposit checking account. Now, here's the BLESSING!!!.....

My birthday gift to myself was to apply for the GO Rewards card on the last day for SUB 0% APR for 6 months, which was June 30. I was so nervous, I set my expectations low because it was my first credit product with them. I was thinking, I would be thrilled with 1-2k just to be in with them.  As you say here, I pulled the trigger, heart racing and sweating lol AND.....THIS happened! Not concerned with APR always PIF. Could not have done this without you awesome people. Feelin good right now, also applied for Chase SW card, approved $5000. Into the garden I go until 2023

DP for NFCU

They pulled TU Fico 9 742

I had 0 inquiries at the time no baddies, no collections

DP for Chase 

They pulled TU 9 and EX Experian 3 Inq Fico was 690

2 baddies from 2016, no collections

Congratulations! You're Approved!

You're approved for a GO REWARDS® Credit Card with a credit limit of $16,200.00 and an APR of 14.99%. You can expect to receive your new card in a plain, white envelope in the mail in 7-10 business days, unless you requested express delivery.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Salute to Navy!!

Congratulations go US Navy.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

@firefox100 wrote:

Congratulations go US Navy.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic - great reward for being diligent and staying on your plan. And as it's not exactly a secret on this board, this is probably just the beginning with Navy Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 

I'll need an auto loan in the next year or 2 and NFCU will be my first choice for assistance.

Message 5 of 22
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

HUGE   CONGRATULATIONS  @Anonymous on your Chase SW and NavyFederal GO Rewards approvals and ESPECIALLY  the  MASSIVE  GO Rewards SL!!  Thanks for the DPs, Enjoy your Blessings, and Welcome to the NFCU family!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you SO much!!!Smiley Very Happy

@Marz2002 wrote:

HUGE   CONGRATULATIONS  @Anonymous on your Chase SW and NavyFederal GO Rewards approvals and ESPECIALLY  the  MASSIVE  GO Rewards SL!!  Thanks for the DPs, Enjoy your Blessings, and Welcome to the NFCU family!!

Message 7 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase and NFCU approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your Chase and NFCU approvals!

Thank you so much! It was a long, hard, worthwhile journey.

Message 9 of 22
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Go Rewards with Nfcu! Nice SL!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.