Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club Mastercard $5k SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sam's Club Mastercard $5k SL

I closed my Sam's MC with a $10k CL about 6 months ago. Never used it and was trimming back cards.

Fast forward to yesterday...Was redeeming my Groupon deal for a one year Sam's membership and the guy says "You were instantly approved for a Sam's Mastercard. Would you like one?" Without even thinking I said "Sure."

Now I have a question. Haven't had any alerts about new credit inquiries, so was this a soft pull approval? Will I ever see a hard pull for this?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sam's Club Mastercard $5k SL

Congratulations on your approval and yes there will be a hard pull. It's a great card and it is worth the HP. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Call credit solutions and ask for 25k on that card...Since you took a HP for the new account already this will be a SP only.  They will definitely raise your limit and most likely to 25k if you would like it that highSmiley Happy

877-379-8173  credit solutions

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Lowe's card is at 25k. This would be a nice util padding. Thanks for the idea!

Message 4 of 14
3bcswins3
New Contributor

Why ask for 25K and not 35K? Just wondering!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jujuka, I just got my sams mc about 5 weeks ago with instore 4000 approval and never got an hp for it. Probably used my Walmart fico score for approval.
Message 6 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval.  I've recently aquired my Sam's Club MC and I'm loving it!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval !!

Message 8 of 14
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of today, still no HP on this card. I'm thinking the automatic approval was a soft pull only.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.