Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sams Club MasterCard

Congrats on your new Sam's Club Mastercard! Amazing 12 months of credit!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  This is an awesome card.  Hopefully it stays with Synchrony.  In 3 months or so, do make a call to Credit Solutions because if Capital One takes over they will surely not be as generous.  Mine began at $5k and now at $20k.

At least until Captal One officially takes over WalMart cards, I can still go across the street to WalMart Marketplace and grab some orange juice and get $100 cash back and it gets treated like a purchase rather than a cash advance.  The Great Value brand of orange juice is not from concentrate, no added sugar or colorings and is delicious.  $2 versus $3.79 for Simply Orange or Tropicana.  Sam's Club is a couple miles up the highway.

Message 13 of 21
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

All the time, at pretty much all gas stations. Costco, and grocery store gas stations (I.e.Kroger) may be excluded I'm not sure
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Great card. One of the best earners for my spend. Enjoy🎉🎊🍾🎈

Message 15 of 21
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:
All the time, at pretty much all gas stations. Costco, and grocery store gas stations (I.e.Kroger) may be excluded I'm not sure

Correct.  And anything you can buy at a gas station, not just at the pump.

Message 16 of 21
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Decided to get a membership for Sams Club.  School's starting back up for the kids so multipacks are a great thing.  I was asked if I wanted to apply for credit and I wasn't going to but said... ah why not.  Thought I was applying for store card but it ended up being Mastercard and got $4800 SL.  Not my highest card but not my lowest card either.  If any of you have seen my other posts...  this is after foreclosure in 2013 and purchase of new house Oct 0f 2017.  With this card, my total available credit is almost $92,000.  Last year at this time, I was at $2000.  Learning from everyone on here and taking their advice is a great thing.

Thank you everyone.

TU 709

EX 691

EQ 699

> Congrats!  i love Sams Club..   take care of the kids!

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 17 of 21
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 18 of 21
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

nice. that card is great (5% gas), provided you have access to Sam's club. I've used mine a lot and got hefty checks for a while, until i tossed it in the sock drawer due to the Sam's Club closure fiasco early this year.

Message 19 of 21
rbentley
Established Contributor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

nice. that card is great (5% gas), provided you have access to Sam's club. I've used mine a lot and got hefty checks for a while, until i tossed it in the sock drawer due to the Sam's Club closure fiasco early this year.

Yes, if you close your membership because you no longer have a reasonably close Sam's Club then you lose your rewards.  The card does not have an AF per se, but it does require an active Sam's Club membership to redeem rewards, which is kind of a fee.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.