Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Savor, AMEX, Discover approvals

Thank you kindly, appreciate it!

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your app spree approvals !!!

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the great informative post, HJ! Care to share any insight on why you chose the cards you did -- with your lengthy time in the garden I'll assume it wasn't on a whim?

And Congrats! on some firstrate approvals. 

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Sure, I figured, after doing some research and due diligence, I’d get the Savor card with a decent limit based off my data points. I already have a Venture card with perfect payment history and heavy usage. Hoped Cap1 would like that and give me good starting line. My plan is to transfer Venture credit line to Savor and close Venture as already have another travel card and Citi DC for 2% on everything. I do dine out quite a bit personally and have business expense to entertain. I have regular AMEX SPG and try to always stay at SPG or Marriott. Don’t travel for business but try and do 2-3 family vacation/staycations per year. Also wanted the awesome sign up bonus and SPG/Marriott annual statement credit. I had to app for the new card instead of product upgrading to get bonus points, but didn’t cost me an HP because already have several AMEX cards. Transferring current credit line on reg. SPG Card to AMEX BCP. Figured I get a better CL with Disco than one I got several years ago. Even though it’s grown, it’s half the new line I got. Disco told me I could combine both lines 90 days after second card open. Hope that helps. I try and be deliberate with apps I make to ensure I’ll use card for something.
Message 17 of 30
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and what a new credit build you've done. Care to share your story...were you new to credit, a rebuilder?

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to share! Not new to credit, finally understood the importance of diligence and taking care of my credit. Got my first credit card in college 22 years ago (the old MBNA before became BofA) and was downhill from there for years and years. I’ve had collections and chargeoffs over the years for stupid, insignificant amounts. Every time I took a step forward, I’d take two steps backward. A couple of years ago I decided I was tired of getting declined, getting crappy rates on cars, and low end credit cards with no benefit, other than to help rebuild. Enrolled in MyFICO (both me and my wife) and started monitoring and reading a ton about maximizing credit score, all of the factors, and benefits of rewards cards. It’s been up and down during process, but never missed any payments even when I could only make minimum payment and would eat interest charges. But happy to say I now carry only about 2-4% utilization monthly and always PIF. Have to budget carefully, but getting better at it. My wife’s scores have gone from all low 600’s to all above 770 right now (FICO 8s) during same 2 year time period. Goal for both is 800s across the board, but honestly just happy to have learned and grown with credit. Thanks for asking!
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You got some great approvals and spending limits!!!!
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.