Did you mean: 

SchoolsFirst FCU 3 approvals 18 months post BK

tag
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: SchoolsFirst FCU 3 approvals 18 months post BK

CONGRATS!!!!!

Is that a bk7 or a bk13?

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 11 of 22
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your SchoolsFirst FCU triple approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 12 of 22
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval!🤑👍

Message 13 of 22
Caliboy97
Contributor

It is a chapter 7 BK

Bankruptcy Discharge 9/21/2020
Starting Scores

May Update (Moving)

Slow and Steady Rebuild. Around 15K in revolving credit at 2% and 45K Auto Loan! Hoping to start upping those limits over time.
Capital one Platinum and Quicksilver | Kia Financial 49K auto loan | Navy Fed Secure Card | OpenSky Secure Card | Schools First FCU Card | Grain account | KikOff Loan and credit account | Student Loans Perfect history 16K left
Message 14 of 22
everest
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your SchoolsFirst approval! 🎉

Message 15 of 22
fm92555
Regular Contributor

@Caliboy97 wrote:

What's up guys! SchoolsFirst has treated me good since I have discharged in 2020. They started me out with a unsecure card one month post bankruptcy. 6 months later I got a 2K increase. Yesterdays, I decided to ask for a 4K credit limit increase, car loan refinance, and a 8k personal loan. All 3 were approved on one credit pull. For increases they do a hard pull but you have 60 days to use the credit pull for any of their products.

Congratulations! They are a solid credit union. Over time you can build those limits.

Message 16 of 22
Rdbeetle
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! I'm a Schools First FCU member also, and so far they have been really great with me too.

SchoolsFirst FCU MC $25k
USBank Cash+ $15k
AMEX BCP $10k
CapOne WM MC $5k
FICO 8 Scores: EQ 808 I EX 804 I TU 801
Message 17 of 22
NalekSok
Regular Contributor

Good job! Congratulations on your CLI and approvals!

Message 18 of 22
CornChipPaws
Established Member

Did you burn schools first in your bk?

I'm primarily doing chapter 7 because a family member added me on to their credit card application as a joint but told me they just added me on as an authorized user. So now $20,000 in the hole. Schools first flat out said they won't sue me for it but I can't wait 7 years looking like I have 110% usage on a card like that. From my understanding if they've been burned they won't let you open any other accounts (they closed my other cards that were in perfect standing). 
ty 

Message 19 of 22
Antredd
Valued Member

@Caliboy97 wrote:

What's up guys! SchoolsFirst has treated me good since I have discharged in 2020. They started me out with a unsecure card one month post bankruptcy. 6 months later I got a 2K increase. Yesterdays, I decided to ask for a 4K credit limit increase, car loan refinance, and a 8k personal loan. All 3 were approved on one credit pull. For increases they do a hard pull but you have 60 days to use the credit pull for any of their products.

Congratulations. I do my primary banking with SchoolsFirst, and have been a member since 2011. My check is direct deposited into my checking account.  However, they weren't as nice to me when I have applied for credit after my BK in 2012. At the time, I didn't have one of their credit cards, nor did I ever bounced a check with them. Thinking that I never bounced a check, never burned a credit card with them, and having a high income salary would benefit me.

I didn't do what you did either by getting a secured card with them to establish my credit with them. What a smart move you did.

I was approved for overdraft protection thinking that would be a way to get approved for one of their credit cards. Even when I applied for credit after getting approved for their overdraft, they still declined me, even though I, at the time was earning $90k. 

I would sometimes transfer my 1000 limit over to my checking account just to pay it off in full before the due date. I finally got the nerve to apply for their mastercard last year, and was finally approved for $1K credit limit, even though my other credit union credit card had a $12k credit limit. 

About a month ago, I asked for a CLI and they finally gave me $5K CL after my BK aged off and requesting a hard pull.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.