cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schwab Investor Card Denial and Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schwab Investor Card Denial and Approval!

I applied for this card a few days after my app spree here As stated on that mini app spree link, rep said i could have as many AMEX cards as i can afford...LIES LOL!!

I have 6 AMEX cards, and the one and ONLY reason for denial on the Schwab Investor Card was because "you currently have the allowable amount of AMEX cards".  I had the EDP and ED so i closed the ED, called back and told them i closed a card and wanted to recon.

This morning i got the approval email with $5k and $100 bonus after spending $1k.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Schwab Investor Card Denial and Approval!

Congratulations! 

I've seen a limit of 5 or 6 revolvers, depending on credit profile. But I didn't think charge cards had a limit to the amount you could have. This is interesting. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, the investor card it's not a charge card.  I'm able to see the limit on the app vs the Platinum you can't.

Message 3 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Ah! That makes more sense! Ok, I was thinking it was a charge card! Still, six revolvers is the absolute maximum I've seen. (I've read it used to be five.)

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:
Ah! That makes more sense! Ok, I was thinking it was a charge card! Still, six revolvers is the absolute maximum I've seen. (I've read it used to be five.)

Umm, then if 6 is the max for revolver, i'm not sure why they said it had the max.

At time application, i had 5 revolver and and 1 charge card...I wonder if AU cards count as well.

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy I cant fathom having 6 Amex revolvers lol. I have 2 and with my low spend that's probably 2 too many hahaSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

I believe six revolvers is only possible for folks who’s Citi Hilton card was automatically converted to an Amex Hilton card and they already had five preexisting revolvers.
Message 7 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats.

I believe six revolvers is only possible for folks who’s Citi Hilton card was automatically converted to an Amex Hilton card and they already had five preexisting revolvers.

and you would be 100% correct.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.