Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schwab Platinum approval + POT limit

tag
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

Schwab Platinum approval + POT limit

Similar to other users here, the Schwab Plat was one of my goal cards. It feels weird having applied for it during a year where travel is effectively shut down, but I plan on holding it longer than one year anyways.

Given the apparent "ease" of being approved for charge cards, especially after having other AMEX products, I won't post a DP. I will ask everyone however, any ideas why my POT limit is set at $35k? That feels way too high so I'm expecting that to be lowered after I'm finished hitting the SUB. Is it just a Plat thing?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Schwab Platinum approval + POT limit

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 16
Mv350
Valued Contributor

congrats on your approval!!!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 4 of 16
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@icednightpaper wrote:

Similar to other users here, the Schwab Plat was one of my goal cards. It feels weird having applied for it during a year where travel is effectively shut down, but I plan on holding it longer than one year anyways.

Given the apparent "ease" of being approved for charge cards, especially after having other AMEX products, I won't post a DP. I will ask everyone however, any ideas why my POT limit is set at $35k? That feels way too high so I'm expecting that to be lowered after I'm finished hitting the SUB. Is it just a Plat thing?

I dunno but a 35k POT limit seems HIGH to me😁

Message 6 of 16
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!  I'm not the expert here but, I think it's commonly known that the initial acceptance is based off a solid profile, income, history points we don't know, etc...    and the POT amount is fluid and always susceptable to adjustment at anytime.

Message 7 of 16
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and from DPs I've seen here, $35k seems pretty common for Plat POT. It's likely they'd shut off spending long before you had that much in there but having that as a limit does not seem to be at all rare.

Message 9 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!..

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.