Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Citi Premier approved

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Second Citi Premier approved

So I made it past the two year mark on my Citi Premier and went ahead and applied for a second one.  I got approved for the 60K welcome bonus.  I'll be using this card for everything for a while. Smiley Happy

It took a week and a half for the card to arrive.  Citi is by far the slowest of all the issuers I've dealt with when shipping new cards.

They gave me a pretty low APR this time around.  My first Premier card is at 16.74+prime, and I'm pretty sure it started higher and I asked for and received a reduction.  My new card is 12.74+prime.  I'm guessing my improved credit scores may have something to do with that.

The new SL was a bit of an oddball at $9200.  My first Premier was $6000 and is now $17000 after several soft CLIs.

I'm contemplating what to downgrade my old card to.  The Rewards+ card with the rounded up points sounds intriguing.  I'd probably only ever use it on vending machine purchases though.  Anyone have experience with this card?  Do you pair it with a Premier card?

What are the Dividend categories like?  Are they competitive with Freedom and Discover?

No need to consider the DC since I already have one.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Second Citi Premier approved

Grats on the second card and yeah pretty good APR Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Citi card!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go on that approval and APR!

Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!Smiley Happy

FYI >> Divedned is a nice card. You should be able to find categories by a interwebz search.

I think a few myFICO'ers have them. Thinking "Dinosaur" possible "Longtimelurker" or UncleB.

I think one of them chimed in on it. somewhere on The Forum. Maybe do a Forum search?

Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats!!!Smiley Happy

FYI >> Divedned is a nice card. You should be able to find categories by a interwebz search.

I think a few myFICO'ers have them. Thinking "Dinosaur" possible "Longtimelurker" or UncleB.

I think one of them chimed in on it. somewhere on The Forum. Maybe do a Forum search?

The 2019 calendar can be found, for example, https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-dividend-releases-5-categories-for-entire-2019/

Whether it competes with Freedom/Discover obviously depends on where you want the 5% to be!

One difference is you can spend all $6K in one category if you like, not restricted to $1,500 per quarter.   That was useful to me this year, but other years it has had fairly low use.

It also has a $50 min redemption so you need to spend $1000

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your 2nd Citi Premier card! Sweet APR!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.