Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Large Card - AMEX Blue Cash Everyday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second Large Card - AMEX Blue Cash Everyday

You guys helped me out with a Chase Sapphire Preferred 8 months and that has been going well.  They upped my CL on their own to $10k.

I wanted a second card with 0% apr and hopefully a high starting CL to make a couple large purchases so I researched here and figured I'd try for an AMEX.

I got approved!  Starting CL - $15k 

Anything I should know about their payment process?  I have heard its not exactly like other credit cards.. something to do with payment plan or something.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Second Large Card - AMEX Blue Cash Everyday

Congrats on your approval. 

Treat your payments like any other cc account. They do offer a “plan it” feature, but you don’t have to use it. 

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing limitSmiley Happy Pay it like any other cc, on time and in full when possible. Not end of world if you carry but i believe they appreciate when you pifSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic starting line. Congrats.

Data points?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex Blue Cash Everyday is a credit card; the process of making payments is no different from any other credit card payment.  Amex offers a feature called "Pay Over Time" that allows extended payments but that's exclusively for "charge" cards; not credit cards.

Also note that Amex only allows you to "pull" one payment from your bank until your first statement is cut.  If you need to make more than a single payment in your first month then the workaround is to "push" payments from your bank instead of "pulling" payment via the Amex website.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Fantastic starting line. Congrats.

Data points?

What do you mean by data points?

@PackWiz wrote:

Also note that Amex only allows you to "pull" one payment from your bank until your first statement is cut.  If you need to make more than a single payment in your first month then the workaround is to "push" payments from your bank instead of "pulling" payment via the Amex website.

Thanks for the advice!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
Message 7 of 10
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats! Thats a great SL. What are your stats? A few of us would like to know about your success.

Robot Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is also a number you can call and they pull your payment if it is in the system already. You can call as often as you like. If I find it when I get home I will post it. I just got in with Amex 3 months ago and it is how I made several payments in my first month.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One word of warning on the BCE...

I know you wanted a good 0% card but if you're intending on carrying a balance with Amex just know in advance that it will most likely cause denial of a future credit limit increase. Just for me personally, I would try and find another card to carry a little bit of a balance on so you can have success with the 3x CLI, I would just ask for 30k when you request it otherwise they'll likely ask for a 4056-T form to pull your taxes. Having a 30k limit on your credit definitely helps all future credit endeavors (as long as you don't abuse it).

Just my .02 anyway.

-Glenn

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.