Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second NFCU Card Credit Limit Increase

tag
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Second NFCU Card Credit Limit Increase

I applied and was approved instantly for a CLI on my second card from Navy. My cashRewards card went from $2,000 to $6,000. I was previously denied before the November EQ9 score updated despite being past 90 days and 3rd statement.

My EQ score is my lowest and it seems that this is the score that Navy is now using for their cards Smiley Sad 

Still happy though! lol 

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Second NFCU Card Credit Limit Increase

Congratulations on your cli, a 3x increase is great. Dv

Message 2 of 8
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI !! Nice to get those !! Navy is king of rock!!

Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

3x from Navy is sweet, that will grow further , ya knowSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I'll be able to ask for my increase on the Amex card this December. It's my second card with NFCU as well. I'm hoping that I will get to see a BIG INCREASE!

As for what score they are using right now. I can't comment on that but I also know that NFCU has internal scoring as well. So I would go to say that maybe the credit score they give us on the website isn't what they always go by with approvals.

I only say that because most of the time when you apply and even get approved. They will send you a separate letter showing your internal score which ranges from I think 0 to 450. I know that mine is sitting at 312 the last time I got that letter in the mail.
Message 6 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is excellent! NFCU is the best! Big congratulations! You will get to your goals if you take your time and use your credit well.

I am always amazed at their customer service and the CL's they give. I just had my interest rate on the Go Rewards lowered from 15.99 to 9.99. I have nothing but positive things to say about them. I will be asking for a CLI on my new AmX with them when more time has passed. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.