Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second NFCU card approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second NFCU card approval!

Joined NFCU on 6/1/18 and was approved for the cashRewards card same day with a $500 SL.
Decided this past Sunday to go ahead and apply for the AmEx more rewards card. Online application wasn't working so called in and did my application with the representative. Went to a 24 hour review and haven't received any notifications since then.

Logged in to the app this morning and my new card is showing up online! Approved for $15k SL @ 16.74% which is at the higher end of the rate but I won't carry a balance anyways. Highest SL so far!

Few data points:
Pulled TU. Currently at 22 inq
Fico 9 on my AR from NFCU on 7/4 was 688 and current Fico 8 is 665.
Just over 6 figure income
Charged about $1k through cash rewards card each month the last 3 months and PIF before each statement.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Second NFCU card approval!

Congrats on the approval and the very nice SL!

Message 2 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the huge SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 12
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats that's a huge contrast to your other limits Smiley Happy.... Navy Fed and penfed are known for rewarding good history with them
Message 4 of 12
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Great SL, congrats on the new addition!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Amazing how much credit they've given you in less than 4 months!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU approval! Nice SL too!

tenor.gif

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the second card and the nice SL!

My DW did similarly the last 4 months.  She initially received the Cash Rewards card with a $1,000 SL.  3 months later applied for the Amex More Rewards card and received a $10,000 SL.   I also have the Cash Rewards card with a $1,000 SL and will apply for the More Rewards card later this month.

We are hoping to run our very first mortgage through NFCU at the beginning of the year. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Joined NFCU on 6/1/18 and was approved for the cashRewards card same day with a $500 SL.
Decided this past Sunday to go ahead and apply for the AmEx more rewards card. Online application wasn't working so called in and did my application with the representative. Went to a 24 hour review and haven't received any notifications since then.

@Logged in to the app this morning and my new card is showing up online! Approved for $15k SL @ 16.74% which is at the higher end of the rate but I won't carry a balance anyways. Highest SL so far!

Few data points:
Pulled TU. Currently at 22 inq
Fico 9 on my AR from NFCU on 7/4 was 688 and current Fico 8 is 665.
Just over 6 figure income
Charged about $1k through cash rewards card each month the last 3 months and PIF before each statement.

Great starting limit!  Congrats....

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi OP! Congratulations on your second card. Did you wait for your third statement or just 90 days after approval?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.