Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second NFCU card approved! Huge SL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second NFCU card approved! Huge SL!

Y'all! I hit 91/3 yesterday. My first card was a More rewards for just $500. My scores were high 500's and one in 600's. Between opening my account and applying for a CC they jumped so they were all around 620 or 630. Overall utilization has stayed under 10% and haven't carried balances except some credit one cards that were reporting the monthly fee each month (I am ditching those after I try a theory out about balances reporting). I also have DD checking and savings with Navy, a savings cert, and a 95% paid off personal loan. Requested a CLI on the first card yesterday, and I'm still waiting to hear back. Another smart MyFico genius made a comment about crapshoot that made me decide to take a chance and apply for card #2. I literally almost passed out when I got the approval. From $500 and 18% APR on first card to $20,000 and 14.99% on the second! Mind BLOWN!!! Thanks to this forum. Never in a million years did I expect this to happen when I started my credit repair journey. I can't thank y'all enough for your knowledge and advice. Side note, I was playing around with prequals yesterday and AMEX came back with 3 Hilton cards and 2 Delta cards. I was so excited and applied and was denied. So it took the wind out of me a bit but this Navy approval has just shown me that all that dedication was noticed! I'll try AMEX again in a year or two.

7F2BBD31-1DA0-426A-9CDF-17D45BF7A833.jpeg

7E72CD62-EC45-4DAF-B739-BA9EE126B67F.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Second NFCU card approved! Huge SL!

I guess that was me...  Nice crapshoot!  It seems like the low to mid 600's have been getting nice SL's on those second and third cards.  Congrats! How freakin cool is that!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 18
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval and the great SL!!

Message 3 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WOOHOO!  That's awesome!

Enjoy that new card! Congratulations!

Message 4 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 18
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know it was totally you! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!  

Concerning how you put to

Concerning how you titled of this thread,  I was thinking I should play some music to celebrate...

20200906_141415.gif

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.