cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Target Redcard cli in two months, here's what I know....

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Second Target Redcard cli in two months, here's what I know....

Updated 01/27/22: upgrade letter arrived. 👍

After 17 stmts. (just before Christmas holiday shopping) I noticed there were many times I couldn't log on to dh's Target acct.  Due to maintenance (morning and nights).  Once able to log in, I was thinking perhaps TD Bank is checking out dh's profile. Once in I immediately updated his income to the same income.  Also, I decided to start letting a balance report.  Not only that but the normal/avg. monthly spend increased (letting son and dil use the card) from $200/month to $500/month.  Quit with the PIF, letting ds/dil make pymts and purchases, plus covering interest I figured those factors may help contribute to a cli.  It did...$500 cli. That was about 2 months ago.  Okay, so.......

Today, ds (he's an AU) received a notice from wallethub that he had an alert.  "Cli" alert!  Logged in and Target raised Dh's cl from $2500 to $6000.  Neither one of us (dh or myself) has gotten a notice yet though...hmmmm.  Anyway the Stmt. just cut a few days ago.

Idk if he'll be upgraded, there isn't any message in the portal but here's what the stmt. reflects in SS's below.  I scribbled out some $$$ info to try to keep TD Bank from identifying (idk if that happens) dh's acct. and me blabbing 'bout itSmiley LOL...but wanted to share some dp's just in case it could help other mf'ers.

Target Redcard second cli within two months.pngtarget card cli number 2 .png

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Second Target Redcard cli in two months, here's what I know....

One other dp....dh hasn't had any new personal accts. opened in at least 6 months.

Message 2 of 48
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Congratulations ! You've officially won the Phoenix Award ! 

The Phoenix is awarded for cracking the code and transforming the card - that evades even the unicorns - into something useful ! Bravo !

Phoenix GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I will never spend the kind of money at target needed for cli so my 2k card is SD'd. Not matter, simply load my wallet with discount gift cards, save avg 12-14%.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 3 of 48
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

Congratulations ! You've officially won the Phoenix Award ! 

The Phoenix is awarded for cracking the code and transforming the card - that evades even the unicorns - into something useful ! Bravo !

Phoenix GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I will never spend the kind of money at target needed for cli so my 2k card is SD'd. Not matter, simply load my wallet with discount gift cards, save avg 12-14%.

Lol, thank you!  I don't spend like that either, but a young family with plenty of toddler needs sure do....my ds and dil can melt the tires on that one.  

What do you mean by the discount gift cards and saving avg. 12-14%?  I don't buy them so I'm lost....teach me MasterSmiley LOL

Message 4 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is really great news. You do not see a lot of CLI's on that card on here. You mostly see people reporting how they never get an increase.

Keep up the good work and let us know if you get any more CLI's on that card.

Thanks

Mark

Message 5 of 48
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on DH Target CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 48
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is really great news. You do not see a lot of CLI's on that card on here. You mostly see people reporting how they never get an increase.

Keep up the good work and let us know if you get any more CLI's on that card.

Thanks

Mark

Thank you Mark,

Definitely a pleasant surprise. Not sure if it was lady luck or it was all in the timing (acct unavailable many days in a row), but running spend and letting the balances report since late November or early Dec(?) including being charged a little interest alerted TD bank to a possible need in additional credit or not. Perhaps it's what TD wants to see.  There are so many factors involved that we aren't privy to know that I wanted to share our most recent dp's for you guys to pick apart/apply/change to-from....whatever it takes to perhaps get noticed.  

And yes!  I've been reading the "no cli, what does it take" posts for the past couple of years and feeling ALL of the pain.  Anyway, hope it helps someone.  With TD bank all you have is time on your side....apply a 2-5 month experiment and see if you can squeeze one out.  Can't hurt unless you waste money doing so. Needless spending. So don't do that...no, no, no to the waste!

Message 7 of 48
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

I never used to let a balance report with my REDcard and I think that was a mistake on my part. I recently started letting balances report and my limit was finally increased from $2500 to $6000 and, I'm told, REDcard MC. I'm wondering if I can get a second in short order. I had assumed they wouldn't even consider an auto-CLI for a while.

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 8 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

One other dp....dh hasn't had any new personal accts. opened in at least 6 months.

This is so nonMyFico is should be against TOS!😄

Message 9 of 48
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy 

Congrats my sistah 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.