Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 41 of 54
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Re: Security Service Federal Credit Union Power MC

@baller4life wrote:

@datrucking210 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Joined this CU last week. The largest in Texas. First approved for personal loan for $22k only if I closed my Navy Fed accounts. I told them to take their offer and shove it because nothing and nobody would ever make me close Navy Fed! They say I have way too much available credit. Yeah whatever. So I decided to go for their Power MC. Smiley Very Happy Instantly approved for $4800 @ 7.49%. El Cheapos!! They requested poi. Received final approval today. Still trying to feel them out. But wanted a foot in the door. Smiley Happy I'll hit em up for a cli when I activate card. That apr more than replaces Ring. Just have to grow it!

Congrats baller4life!!!

but how did you managed to join?

My church was in their eligible area. Didn't even realize it till I spoke to member services.

That's great!

Did you open just a savings account?

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 42 of 54
baller4life
Super Contributor

I did. Opened checking today. Will probably app LOC and give them my auto refi. Need to compare their rates to NFCU.
Message 43 of 54
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
I did. Opened checking today. Will probably app LOC and give them my auto refi. Need to compare their rates to NFCU.

ah ok, the reason I asked is because they could've probably offered you a checking account bonus. When I first financed my car through them a savings account was automatically opened. A day later I got a call from a rep and she asked me if I was interested in a checking account and I was eligible for a $200 bonus. Only requirements I had to do was set up online access, opt in online statements, and set up direct deposit of at least $500 a month. I actually just used paypal and the computer detected it as DD and my bonus was credited within days. Don't know if you would still get a bonus since you already opened it but I would call and ask. Of course you'll have to pay taxes on that but it was easy money.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 44 of 54
baller4life
Super Contributor

Cool thanks! Smiley Happy
Message 45 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

Congrats Baller! Id love to get in with navy, i dont even their products and i know i wouldnt want to close them down! glad u got something out this bank! 

i GO
I signed my boyfriend up for an account through my information a little over a month ago. He was approved immediately for a membership. They didnt ask for any documentation as well.

Message 46 of 54
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

NFCU has the better rates. I don't think you'll get anything lower than 4% with SSFCU. Now go get that LOC for 10k, that you'll definitely get unless they want you to close something else lol.

AU:
Message 47 of 54
baller4life
Super Contributor

I'll probably just stay with Toyota Financial at 5.5%. I'm happy with them. Yeah as soon as my checking gets set up I'll app LOC.
Message 48 of 54
datrucking210
Established Contributor

I was hoping we would get our Highlander financed through Toyota Financial but SSFCU gave us a 4.59% which wasn't bad at all considering where we were last year.

AU:
Message 49 of 54
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah I was pretty excited about that rate from Toyota when I bought my 4runner last year. I was still in rebuilding mode. Never in my life have ever bought a vehicle that fast. Literally on my lunch break. Made all my hard work repairing my credit feel so worthwhile!
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.