cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocked!, I got approved for a Best Buy Visa from Citi.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocked!, I got approved for a Best Buy Visa from Citi.

I applied last year this month and was denied and since then my credit has been in the process of repair, I am a recovering alcoholic who as you can imagine struggled with finances. I started trying to put my life together 3 years ago and have been sober for two, I am a 3b subscriber and I have kept my eye on the scores. By looking at my inquiry history I knew they hit Equifax last year which has always been my high score. Today I was approved with a 694 and received an opening CL of $3,000. I have 4 baddies from medical bills from a few trips to the ER in my addiction that I am trying to clean up, I was recently denied an Amazon card which in my mind I thought would be easier to get than the Best Buy card. EQ 694 TU 660 EX 657.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Shocked!, I got approved for a Best Buy Visa from Citi.

Congrats !

My brother has his 20 year pin

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Best Buy Visa seems to be one of the easiest products to get in with. Good to know. Smiley Happy

Congrats on the approval, OP! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy More importantly, huge congrats on your 2 year sobriety. Credit ou s great, your health is most important. Dont worry about Amazon, you are getting there. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your transparency in stating where you are is to be applauded. So appreciative of you sharing your journey through and to sobriety. With that being said, congratulations on the Best Buy approval. As you know it’s about steps, and whether it’s easy to get approved or not, my happiness for you is the fact that you are on your way to both personal and financial success. Sincerely wishing you the best on all fronts. 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Such kind words, thank you.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Best Buy Visa approval! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
Lemark
Contributor

Congrats! That card not easy to get.

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval but a huge way to go on your two years clean! If you can do that, this credit thing will be a breeze luv! You're off to a great start. I was recently denied for the Citi Bestbuy then got a preapproved offer for their Thank You prefered card a week later, apped and approved. I still haven't figured all this credit stuff out. Thanks for sharing with us Smiley Happy

tenor.gif

Message 9 of 17
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Staying sober should help you garden buddy! Congrats and keep up the good work!! Not using/drinking is as hard as staying in the garden for some!!

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.