Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Shocked) NFCU Amex Approval

tag
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

(Shocked) NFCU Amex Approval

Hi everyone,
I just had a major shock approval for the NFCU Amex.

I was shocked because I had a charge off Amex Blue Cash 2 years ago (made payments on time to collection agency). I've had no lates or anything since that time frame I had those lates and charge off.

A little background:
I have had a NFCU bank account for 4 years (fam) and active duty checking since 2016 (joined Air Force). I also have my first car loan refinanced 1 year ago and that now sits with NFCU, all on time payments (often pay double the min. on car, not credit cards though).

I have had a high utilization on credit cards recently, this was why I was pretty shocked on the approval and the credit limit given. I app today because I saw 0% APR offer on the website. Got approval tonight with 5,000. My highest limit has only been 2k on my last amex, and my GoRewards I've had with NFCU 2 years.

Anyways, I am shocked and happy. My scores are mid-high 600s (still recovering from past charge off and lates 2 yr ago, high UTI).
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: (Shocked) NFCU Amex Approval

@JamesB95 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I just had a major shock approval for the NFCU Amex.

I was shocked because I had a charge off Amex Blue Cash 2 years ago (made payments on time to collection agency). I've had no lates or anything since that time frame I had those lates and charge off.

A little background:
I have had a NFCU bank account for 4 years (fam) and active duty checking since 2016 (joined Air Force). I also have my first car loan refinanced 1 year ago and that now sits with NFCU, all on time payments (often pay double the min. on car, not credit cards though).

I have had a high utilization on credit cards recently, this was why I was pretty shocked on the approval and the credit limit given. I app today because I saw 0% APR offer on the website. Got approval tonight with 5,000. My highest limit has only been 2k on my last amex, and my GoRewards I've had with NFCU 2 years.

Anyways, I am shocked and happy. My scores are mid-high 600s (still recovering from past charge off and lates 2 yr ago, high UTI).

If I understood what I’ve read on the board correctly, the NFCU Amex isn’t issued by Amex themselves but rather uses the Amex network. 

But still, congratulations on a great new card! NFCU is awesome. Enjoy having an Amex back in your pocket, much sooner than you thought you would!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and nice SL!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 21
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Congrats James Now come out of shock and start using your Amex wisely and once you hit the credit line increase to 25K u can go back in shock no problem 😆 congrats again
Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 4 of 21
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and SL!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice limit !!!!
Thank you for your service !!!!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!
Message 7 of 21
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! As someone else said NFCU Amex doesn't come from Amex. It's from Navy. It just runs on the Amex network. Congrats again!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 8 of 21
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 21
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your service... salute.gif

And congrats on your NFCU AMEX!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.