Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick - Wayfair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping Cart Trick - Wayfair

Today I was approved for $500 at wayfair.com. I was pretty shocked. I only found out about STC method yesterday after reading this site. I went to the site and it immediately popped up at checkout but scared, I exited out. My fear is harming my credit further with a hard pull. I attempted 2 more times yesterday but still backed out before hitting submit.  This morning i talked myself up again, I went to a new browser and it popped up again. I was approved. Now I am trying to figure out what to buy and pay off so I can get CLI.  I don't need this card. I am only trying to increase my credit. Perhaps bath towels or sheets :-) 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick - Wayfair

Ok , welcome to the forum first of allSmiley Happy

Being new to the forum, let me just say to be careful of getting too many Shopping Card Trick cards especially from Comenity who can at times be weird if you mix store and bankcards lol. A key word you used was you dont need the card. So you are using it for utilization purposes. Be careful of getting cards that you dont need just to get. But since you did get it, dont tax yourself crazy and make a huge purchase just for cli. You either will get them or you wont so just buy things you might need for your home , small and just pif and be responsible with it. Many times just using your card is enough. Again welcome and enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello thank you thank you for the tips - I have so much bad past mistakes with credit that I don’t even have interest in credit cards - I’ve finally paid everything off and taken responsibility to learn how to manage my credit.

I have used wayfair many times - i love it - I just use my debit card - this is why I chose it - I don’t need anything around the house specifically but hey like you said - sheets - wash clothes - food containers always come in handy - today I bought a laundry hamper ! As you said I will get things as I need them and hope for a CLI
Message 3 of 8
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ok , welcome to the forum first of allSmiley Happy

Being new to the forum, let me just say to be careful of getting too many Shopping Card Trick cards especially from Comenity who can at times be weird if you mix store and bankcards lol. A key word you used was you dont need the card. So you are using it for utilization purposes. Be careful of getting cards that you dont need just to get. But since you did get it, dont tax yourself crazy and make a huge purchase just for cli. You either will get them or you wont so just buy things you might need for your home , small and just pif and be responsible with it. Many times just using your card is enough. Again welcome and enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy

I think the overwhelming majority of people in this forum, me included, have cards we don’t need, but want. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my humble opinion everyone could use a few new lamps here or there. ;-)

Congrats!

And they also have a TV stand with a fireplace inside it.

I think this one will grow pretty fast! :-)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take care of it and it will grow... even if you don't want it to.  I bought a few small things here and there... Initial SL was 3500 or so.  Paid off my $500 I owed on it back in February and now, 7 months later it's at $15,600 as of this morning.  Don't think I need this much but they see you buy and pay, they'll increase it for you.  Really helps with credit utilization but don't think I'll ever buy $15,000 worth of something from Wayfair at one time.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and like others have said it will grow quickly. I've had this card less than a year and it went from the same SL of $500 to $5800 in that span. The average increase is about $1500 for me about every other month or so. It is my only Commenity card so I don't really have too much fear is asking for increases regulary.

As far as Wayfair itself I have been pleasantly surprised and I find myself buying things from there that I, in the past, would have gotten from Amazon. In fact I took advantage of their special financing and am awaiting the delivery of a new beer cooler.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did yo request your first CLI or was it auto ?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.