Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick score this morning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping cart trick score this morning

So I read all the threads on the shopping cart trick for the Synchrony and Comenity cards and figured, why not? I’m fine with the padding of my utilization, my wife and daughter both like the place, so let’s get it. Added an item for my wife, went to checkout, and the pop up for the card was there. I accepted it, was approved (they did look at Experian - I had an alert there, but not with TU or Equifax), and the card arrives in a week or so.

Not sure if I dare let my wife have access to the card lol - I like my low utilization percentages!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping cart trick score this morning

wrote:
So I read all the threads on the shopping cart trick for the Synchrony and Comenity cards and figured, why not? I’m fine with the padding of my utilization, my wife and daughter both like the place, so let’s get it. Added an item for my wife, went to checkout, and the pop up for the card was there. I accepted it, was approved (they did look at Experian - I had an alert there, but not with TU or Equifax), and the card arrives in a week or so.

Not sure if I dare let my wife have access to the card lol - I like my low utilization percentages!

Congrats on the approval! Which comenity card did you get?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just the VS Angel card, and it was used on the purchase today. Quick and easy CL/UTIL padding but it’s a card that, with a wide and an almost-15 year old daughter, will get used enough to be worth having.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just the VS Angel store card, and it was used on the purchase today. Quick and easy CL/UTIL padding but it’s a card that, with a wide and an almost-15 year old daughter, will get used enough to be worth having.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!

Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, being the devil and all, be careful with your Comenity cousin. They giveth and taketh faster than a credit angel gets its wingsSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I will heed that advice Smiley Happy In all seriousness though, I burned myself pretty badly creditwose years ago and learned my lesson. I no longer buy without knowing I can pay the bills - I think Comenity will be happy entering the deal with the Devil this time.
Message 7 of 13
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Just curiouse.   Were you able to use the SCT with Synchrony?   I thought this was a Comenity only option?   Also you said you got an alert for Experian.  Alerts normally show up only with an HP.   Did you just see a SP by checking your reports or did you actually get a hard pull?

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, my first Shopping Cart trick was in January. And I received a HP on my experian report. I’ve since done the sct twice more and those did not result in HP’s. Why, Who knows?
Message 9 of 13
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Well if you are getting an HP, the shopping card "trick" is on you!    LOL.   That ONLY reason people do the SCT is to get a store card without an HP and thus harming one's FICO score.   In the past the only Comenity cards that did an HP were those for the Visa/MC type regular credit cards, not store cards.

I would commit suicide if I got an HP for a J. Crew or Victoria's Secret card.   LOL.

The trick is no HP.   If you get an HP it's not a SCT.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.