Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close all my credit and start over...? Part 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I close all my credit and start over...? Part 2

Hello everyone, I hope all is well with all of you and that everything you want, need and wish for some how comes to fruition.

Welp... A lil bout me since I will be in the Garden for the next 4 to 5 years. Yup... I am not going anywhere. The Garden is stuck with me. Lol!

Last week I posted in the personal finance section although I think a mod has moved it. The title was "Should I close out my accounts and start over..."

Well I guess the way I go off on a tangent made it a lil confusing for some to comprehend what I was asking. I apologize for that. Except to those that accused me of being a troll. Lol... Naw... I even apologize to them because I should have been more clear on what I was asking.

You see I wasn't saying "woe is me my life is over so should I just close out my credit?" What I was wondering was since I started out on a bad foot with Chase and Disco if I should just close them out and seek different credit in a year or 2. Welp... That's neither here nor there anymore because I've reached the point of no return. Lol

So if you read on that post my dilemma was met with good advice (which like a fool I didn't follow) and some ridicule. I'm a big boy so I can handle it. But....

After getting the NFCU Amex for $20k and my CLI on my AMEX ED card I decided to just go on a spree.

I know... Foolish. I get it. It's just hard to stop when they're handing it out.

Anyways... I app'd for the following and here are the results for my 2 day binge.

Lowes $1,000
Walmart Cap One $300
Citi Costco Anywhere $8,000
Amazon Prime Card $2,500
Nordstrom $? (They didn't tell me the limit)
TJMAXX $200
NFCU Amex $20,000

AMEX CLI $1,000 Now $3,000
NFCU Plat CLI $500 Now $2,000

NFCU Cloc CLI Denied
Home Depot Card Denied

Accounts I didn't attempt to change.
Victoria Secret $1,000
Kohl's $700
Target $500
Chase Preferred $5,000
Discover $8,500
Credit One $1,000 (I am closing it now)
NFCU SSL Balance $254

Welp... Gotta go tend to the garden. I am sure some of my accts may get closed for "aggressively seeking credit" but it is what it is.

Have a goodnight everyone.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I close all my credit and start over...? Part 2

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 7
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

That’s an old school spree right there. 😉
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, so true. You do what cha gotta do. Congrats , hope they all stick. Now GARDEN next yearSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all this and yes going to the garden is wise Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats long term Gardener!!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLIs and approvals! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.