cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i apply for Amex Green or wait???

tag
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Re: Should i apply for Amex Green or wait???

got it, thank you so much!!!

Message 11 of 20
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Based on this info ill app in Dec. 2014 for amex green.based on the info i gave about my credit profile. How likely am i to be approved for citi simpplicity and chase freedom in June 2014 uncluding util of 13%???

Message 12 of 20
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Based on this info ill app in Dec. 2014 for Amex Green. based on the info i gave about my credit profile. How likely am i to be approved for citi simplicity and chase  Freedom, hoping for high limits,  in June 2014 uncluding util of 3%???

Message 13 of 20
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:

So my fico score are as listed: Equifax=689, Transunion=691, Experian=698. My longest open credit card, First Premiere (300 limit), was open on August 2013. The only other credit card is a Comenity Bank Vic. Secret(500 limit), which was opened November 2013 using shopping cart Trick. I have no negatives whatsoever and perfect payment history. I have 6 inquiries on equifax, 4 on transunion, and 2 on experian. I am planning on applying for a Amex green, Chase Freedom, and Citi Simplicity in June 2014 once my AAoA increases a bit, but i have a question. Will applying on the same day for these 3 cards affect my approval odds??. Or maybe im thinking about applying for  the amex green once my oldest credit card reaches 7 months. I just dont want chase or citi to deny me in June for a new account opened recently (amex green). Please, whats your recommendation my friends?? The last time i applied for anything was August 2013 (First Premiere).

First time on fico forums so bear with meSmiley Happy

ALthough I think you can get approved for an AMEX green based on your credit score, I would get an revolver under belt first before applying for an charge card. AMEX like to see other solid lines larger than 5k (if possible) or strong credit lines (lines older than 2 years) before approving you. I would app for the Citi Simplicity and Chase Freedom at the same time to get some solid prime credit history on your report. 

And as far as First Premier is concerned, because they're known as a sub-prime creditor, it'll be hard to get large CLIs from them and you may in fact be stuck with a low limit from them (even with a good CS) as they're not know for big limits (same for some sub-prime Cap1 cards). 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 14 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 20
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Thank You. I will app for simplicity and freedom in june 2014 and amex green december 2014. i plan on app for a mortgage in june 2015 and when mortgage deal closes so will my first premier cc. Any advice on my plans??

Message 16 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:

Thank You. I will app for simplicity and freedom in june 2014 and amex green december 2014. i plan on app for a mortgage in june 2015 and when mortgage deal closes so will my first premier cc. Any advice on my plans??

Sounds like a well thought out plan 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 20
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:

I would apply for the freedom now so you can get the CL as early as you can. Your score should be good (assuming you don't have a BK or a tax lien) to have 18 months under the belt and the inquiry wiill fall off (only effect FICO for a year which would be 1/15). IF approved, apply for the AMEX green june 14 so the inquiry will fall by June 15 and wouldn't have any effect on your process of the mortgage. As you know, you don't want any inquiries reporting on your mortgage. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 18 of 20
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Is it 100% guaranteed that American Express will always back date to the first amex card opened??
Message 19 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:
Is it 100% guaranteed that American Express will always back date to the first amex card opened??

100% no but 98.9% yes Lol

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.