Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should not have gotten ahead of myself

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Should not have gotten ahead of myself

with the Prestige CLI approval to 25k, the 2 Amex revolver approvals with only 1 HP i got too excited and decided why not try Cap1 since i havent shown them any love with the only card i have with them since i started rebuilding my credit. Knowing it was going to be 3 HPs i took the plunge and got the 7-15 review message. Wonder if any of you have gotten the same message and then approval later or is it most likely a denial letter on the way. Should have listened to my got and stopped at Amex....Smiley Sad

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should not have gotten ahead of myself

@dodgerslv wrote:

with the Prestige CLI approval to 25k, the 2 Amex revolver approvals with only 1 HP i got too excited and decided why not try Cap1 since i havent shown them any love with the only card i have with them since i started rebuilding my credit. Knowing it was going to be 3 HPs i took the plunge and got the 7-15 review message. Wonder if any of you have gotten the same message and then approval later or is it most likely a denial letter on the way. Should have listened to my got and stopped at Amex....Smiley Sad

With your scores and credit limits already I find it hard to believe that you would be declined. Out of curiosity why did you feel you need another Cap One card at this point?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Di you try for a Cap One CLI or a new account? They do not not do an HP for CLI requests.
Message 3 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing cures the app itch like a good old 7-10 day message!!!

How many hard pulls did you have before you submitted the Cap1 app?  Sometimes they can be sensitive, other times they need verification like driver's license.  You can try calling them too, it might not be a denial.

Message 4 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Nothing cures the app itch like a good old 7-10 day message!!!

How many hard pulls did you have before you submitted the Cap1 app?  Sometimes they can be sensitive, other times they need verification like driver's license.  You can try calling them too, it might not be a denial.

+1

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

With your scores and credit limits already I find it hard to believe that you would be declined. Out of curiosity why did you feel you need another Cap One card at this point?

+1

Message 6 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Should not have gotten ahead of myself UPDATE

well finally decided to call and my applications was approved....according to the CSR the account has been created and it seems my initial starting limit is 40k...i made sure to ask him again to repeat the limit...LOL...really want to show Cap1 some love since they have given me a a nice approval. I have a Platinum card with them since 2010 (my first CC during my rebuilding stage) with a 3.5k limit but really never used it. I will definitely use the Venture1 and not only to meet the spending requirement but keep it in my wallet for everyday spend.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

You applied for a Venture One?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy

@dodgerslv wrote:

well finally decided to call and my applications was approved....according to the CSR the account has been created and it seems my initial starting limit is 40k...i made sure to ask him again to repeat the limit...LOL...really want to show Cap1 some love since they have given me a a nice approval. I have a Platinum card with them since 2010 (my first CC during my rebuilding stage) with a 3.5k limit but really never used it. I will definitely use the Venture1 and not only to meet the spending requirement but keep it in my wallet for everyday spend.

Congrats and nic CL but guess you're used to them 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

40K limit?!

Proof of a hard two tiered U/W system!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.