cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't have done that! Approved for WM and Credit One cards expecting better results.

tag
Steveo777
Contributor

Shouldn't have done that! Approved for WM and Credit One cards expecting better results.

Yes, I got approved for the WM Mastercard and the Credit One AMEX. $1k each. I had told myself I would not fall into Credit One's clutches again, yet the Experian app brought it up under my offers. I had figured I would get a decent SL, since Cap One and Mercury both gave me $3k and Upgrade Card gave me $10k. Nope, preapproval at Credit One turned into a $1k line and I overestimated the WM approval too, since it's Cap One, I thought I could get another $3k line. No cigar...another $1k. Sigh...well, I should have known better, but I do have a couple more cards in my satchel now, at least. In the back of my mind I am thinking that I need to call and close the Credit One. Feedback appreciated, give it to me straight up, no chaser. Smiley Wink

BK7 Discharged 08/2021 Household Income 95k
Scores: Fico9 Equifax 663 | TU 694 | Experian 628 Vantage 3.0 TU 737 | EQ 726
Cards:
Tri-CU $3k
Capital One Quicksilver One $3K
Mercury Master Card $3.3k
Upgrade Visa $10k
NFCU Visa Platinum $2000
Alphaeon Card $3600
Dell Preferred $4500
WM Mastercard $1000
Credit One AMEX $1000
Kohl's $800
Ollo Mastercard $2000
Target Red Card $1200
Cabela's Mastercard $3k
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Shouldn't have done that! Approved for WM and Credit One cards expecting better results.

Congrats on your approval.

Message 2 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Shouldn't have done that! Approved for WM and Credit One cards expecting better results.

Congratulations on your approvals! I would keep the cards for now since you already took the HPs for them. Does the Credit One Amex have an AF? 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats on both your approvals. i think

Message 4 of 18
Steveo777
Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your approvals! I would keep the cards for now since you already took the HPs for them. Does the Credit One Amex have an AF? 

Yes, but not as bad as a previous account I had with them. $39 AF. Seems my last CR 1 card had a big annual fee spread out as monthly.

BK7 Discharged 08/2021 Household Income 95k
Scores: Fico9 Equifax 663 | TU 694 | Experian 628 Vantage 3.0 TU 737 | EQ 726
Cards:
Tri-CU $3k
Capital One Quicksilver One $3K
Mercury Master Card $3.3k
Upgrade Visa $10k
NFCU Visa Platinum $2000
Alphaeon Card $3600
Dell Preferred $4500
WM Mastercard $1000
Credit One AMEX $1000
Kohl's $800
Ollo Mastercard $2000
Target Red Card $1200
Cabela's Mastercard $3k
Message 5 of 18
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your WM Mastercard & Credit One AMEX approvals

Message 6 of 18
collics
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

I would definitely keep the Walmart card if you shop there at all! Especially with the holidays coming up. 

My credit one hits 1 year either Dec or jan and I'll be closing before the annual fee hits. I didn't even bother ever putting it in my signature. Haha 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 7 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on both your approvals!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 8 of 18
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 9 of 18
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the cards! 

I too prefer my whisky straight! I would dump the CreditOne if you can before it hits your CR. It's 1% cash and with the AF, you need to put 4K to justify and then the growth potential is limited. Focus on your NFCU card and building that up. Just my two cents! 

Good luck and congrats!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.