Valued Contributor

Re: Signature FCU Platinum Visa approved

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 11 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Signature FCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 12 of 20
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Signature FCU Platinum Visa approval

Message 13 of 20
Danmae777
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your new approval 

starting fico 8 score 04/2021-EX-618
current fico 8 score 04/2022 -EX 657
Message 14 of 20
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Signature FCU Platinum Visa approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 15 of 20
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

I went for broke these last few months since I've added a number of inq's so read some reviews about this credit union.  From what I read of the reviews, this was not a good experience for some.  I applied on 5/13/22 for membership and visa.  They approved membership and called me and said that I didn't actually apply for the visa.  I had just apparently submitted my interest in applying for the visa when I applied for membership.  I immediately applied.  Called today for an update, the loan officer I spoke to was so wonderful.  She explained all my options.  She told me that they couldn't approve me for the Visa Signature as a new member and could not approve the 25k I asked for the same reason.  She said I'll have to wait for 6 months of payment history and reapply for increase or another product.  Even told me I was preapproved for a personal loan as well.  I can't believe how nice she was.  Nothing like the reviews I read.  They pulled TU.  She told me my score was 730 so its not TU FICO 9.  I have 13 inq's on TU.  Requested POI which will be sent.

SFCU.jpg

Congrats on the nice approval!  I'm waiting for about 5 days to hear back on the membership but was told it looks good.  She told me to call back after Memorial Day if I hadn't heard on the membership yet.  I was thinking about apping for the credit card but might wait awhile, not sure yet.  From the few dp on this forum it looks like they were pulling Equifax but may also pull Trans Union sometimes as was your recent experience. Thanks for leaving all the dp. 

Message 16 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

Update!!!!!

Since receiving approval, SFCU has been trying to verify my employment through the work number system.  After much back and forth (nearly one month and with my employer sending in an employment verification at SFCU's request) SFCU came back and said they were finally able to verify my employment through the work number system.  HOWEVER, after a second "reapproval" I have been approved for $2,500.  I considered fighting this as all information reported was correct with an original approval of 15k.  The loan officer has been very nice throughout this process and I believe she was simply overriden and therefore I just simply declined the "reapproval".  The loan office did say I could apply for a CLI after six months but I refuse to hold a 2,500 card for six months that was originally approved for 15k.  Not sure if this thread should be moved to another section or not, but if a MOD could review and move as appropriate.  Thank you.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 17 of 20
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

💫 Nice!
Congratulations!

STRIKE THIS POST 

Message 18 of 20
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

I don't know about moving the tread, you were approved but this is good to read and know how Signature FCU has handled the situation.

Sorry to here about these types of circumstances revolving (haha) around your approval but I am happy you made this post for myFico users to read.

This/is is disheartening 😔

Message 19 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Credit4Growth wrote:

I don't know about moving the tread, you were approved but this is good to read and know how Signature FCU has handled the situation.

Sorry to here about these types of circumstances revolving (haha) around your approval but I am happy you made this post for myFico users to read.

This/is is disheartening 😔

Hopefully it helps

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.