Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkyMiles Amex CLI. Finally

tag
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

SkyMiles Amex CLI. Finally

In 2016 I was approved for the Delta SkyMiles Gold Card. Don't ask me how or even why I thought it was a good idea to apply for it. At the time I was only a bit over 2 years post BK-7. Anyway I was approved and shocked. I was dancing a jig in the living room and to this day I have no clue how or why they approved it as many of you know thats not the norm for Amex. 

They gave me a 2k limit and there I was stuck. I tried the 3x CLI many times with no luck. Even tried a few variable CLI's, 500, 1k. Still no luck. It seemed they were not going to give me a CLI no matter what. Still I used the card almost everyday for all sorts of purchases. Use it, pay it, use it, pay it, repeat.  Yesterday I checked my account to pay a dinner bill I charged and voila, a 3k CLI !!!    I didnt ask for it, they just did it.

A 5k CL is at least now useful. I can work with that. Thank you Amex.  On July 2nd I became 5yrs post discharge.  Halfway there !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: SkyMiles Amex CLI. Finally

Congrats on your increase and rebuild so far!

Message 2 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Creditwiser wrote:  On July 2nd I became 5yrs post discharge.  Halfway there !

Do you think that may be the reason for the cli, 5yrs.?

Congrats on both cli and "Halfway there"!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s awesome, congrats! 

Message 4 of 19
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the AmEx CLI and continued success on the rebuild!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LauraC, yes - lots of people will get approvals but no growth until a BK ages off. In this case, OP was approved before the standard 61 months post-BK, so it appears the CLI came early too.

Congrats OP!
Message 6 of 19
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Do you think that may be the reason for the cli, 5yrs.?

Congrats on both cli and "Halfway there"!

I don't know. Perhaps 5 years post and 3 years of constant use and payments was all the difference they needed to see. Plus my other balances are very low and all in good standing of course.   I just don't know. What I do know is I gave them an enormous amount of swipe fee's and they did right by me. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 7 of 19
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

How much has your EXP score risen since 2016, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the same boat with my BCE. Approved at EXP 620 in Jan of 2016! with no increases form the original $1000 SL despite numerous attempts. My experian score is now 674 and I'm going to wait until it's 700 to request again. No BX though.

Message 8 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your CLI, Amex Like Use!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex CLI

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.