Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small App spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small App spree

Scores recently just hit mid 600's so I figured I would apply for a couple things I will get use out of, and allow me to get rid of a few smaller limit cards that I no longer need for rebuild anymore.

Applied and was approved for Kohls store card ($300 CL), Macy's Store card ($400 CL) and Amazon Store card ($2,400 CL). I know 2 of those 3 will grow quickly and Kohls will probably be the one to not budge in the future.

Applied and was denied for Best Buy. They were IIB back in 2016, so I was surprised to see an approval for the Macy's Store card. I'm currently an AU on an AMEX Macy's card, so maybe that helped?

This will allow me to cancel an Indigo, Credit One and a bucketed CapOne. They served their purpose but now its time to move on.

FICO 8 at times of pull were: 662 EQ, 656 for both TU and EX. Unsure of the version, but will update these DP's once the cards arrive.

Kohls and Amazon pulled TU, while Macy's and Best Buy pulled EX.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Small App spree

@Anonymous  Super Congrats on your app spree!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off, CONGRATS!

Second, other than the bottom-feeder cards, why cancel the Cap1?  Its a major card from a major issuer, and you obviously have some history with it... Maybe just sock-drawer it instead?  Yeah, its bucketed, but it won't HURT you... if you've had it over a year, consider holding on to it... the crappy bottom feeding cards like Credit 1 - yeah, to the left.  

Message 4 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your approvals and yes if they included AUs in their cals the Amex AU did most likely help.

Message 5 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 6 of 18
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

|  
Message 7 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 9 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.