Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Citi DC CLI

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Small Citi DC CLI

Got a small Citi DC cli of 2k today... been turned down last few months for amount of new accounts opened recently Smiley Tongue.  Strange things was a denial on costco today, but DC got an ok.  SP of course.  didnt need it by any means just bored.  Might PC the card as have AOD for 3% card and PCR at 2% backup if AOD ever takes a crud.  Citi EQ scores around 788 I believe.   Suppose costco cli could of been denied due to citi max exposure might be hit as have DC at 27k, Costco at 13.5k and Macys Amex at 16.5k..  So not sure at their ceiling for my income?

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.11.20 AM.png

]]

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Small Citi DC CLI

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity 

Congrats on the CLI!! Man I haven't seen a CLI from them in years. lol

I suspect they want to save your CL ceiling for their other CC's. I can't get CLI's anymore. But other Citi cards are no problem.

You are no where near full exposure with them! If they gave my broke butt $62K in exposure.  Your ceiling is probably closer to $80 or $100K.

Just not all on the same card.

Message 3 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 thanks for exposure $'s for you, give me a bit more context what my exposure might be with them.. my mortgage is still also showing my old payment vs refi payment of close to 400 less a month.. might still drop my macy's amex to 10k as really will i ever spend 16.5k on macy's card lol?  a nice 10k might just make more sense as that apr is scary on that card lol vs. costco and DC is at least <15% vs 25% lol.  

Message 4 of 25
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Got a small Citi DC cli of 2k today... been turned down last few months for amount of new accounts opened recently Smiley Tongue.  Strange things was a denial on costco today, but DC got an ok.  SP of course.  didnt need it by any means just bored.  Might PC the card as have AOD for 3% card and PCR at 2% backup if AOD ever takes a crud.  Citi EQ scores around 788 I believe.   Suppose costco cli could of been denied due to citi max exposure might be hit as have DC at 27k, Costco at 13.5k and Macys Amex at 16.5k..  So not sure at their ceiling for my income?

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.11.20 AM.png

]]

Congrats on the CLI!

I wouldn't call that small but normal for Citi. Most of my SP CLIs have been in that range between $1,500 and $3,000. The only time I got an $8k CLI was when I spent a ton on the DC for a couple of months (nearly 3x its limit - cycling 2x a month).

If you take a HP after the SP CLI, you could get much more if the analyst likes your file.

Message 5 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@imaximous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

]]

Congrats on the CLI!

I wouldn't call that small but normal for Citi. Most of my SP CLIs have been in that range between $1,500 and $3,000. The only time I got an $8k CLI was when I spent a ton on the DC for a couple of months (nearly 3x its limit - cycling 2x a month).

If you take a HP after the SP CLI, you could get much more if the analyst likes your file.

Ya it is normal for citi as you mentioned last time i did take a HP cli and got what i asked for which was 25k.  Honestly would never spend 25k on this card or 27k lol.  Just nice having if ever carry a few k balance either if i ever use flex loan or 0% apr offer.

Message 6 of 25
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

]]

Congrats on the CLI!

Ya it is normal for citi as you mentioned last time i did take a HP cli and got what i asked for which was 25k.  Honestly would never spend 25k on this card or 27k lol.  Just nice having if ever carry a few k balance either if i ever use flex loan or 0% apr offer.

Definitely. I also like to grow some cards that I won't spend much on because of the possibility of ever using a BT offer.  

Citi does promote to exhaustion their flex loans and some other flex crap. I also get BT offers often, but I do use this card quite a bit so I can't use it for BTs. 

Message 7 of 25
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Both my father and myself have Citi DCs and our recent CLIs have been about the same. I wonder if it's pandemic-related?

Message 8 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Nah 2-3k CLI's as mentioned is about the normal unless you are cycling 5-10k a month through their cards.  Friend puts 5-10k a month through his as his last CLI I believe was 8 or 9k although he is alot higher earner than myself > 500k income.  So sure use and income plays factors.  He only asks if i remind him as not a credit person like myself, but his DC is somewhere in the 60k+ range last i remembered sure he could easily get it up, but suits his needs

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Got a small Citi DC cli of 2k today ... 

Nice one, CC -- Congrats! Smiley Happy I look forward to the day when I can sneeze @ a 25k to 27k CLI. Smiley Happy Thanks for the DPs & ensuing Citi discussion -- valuable intel for us Citi virgins. 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.