cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small but meaningful CLI from Disco (also NFCU)

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Small but meaningful CLI from Disco (also NFCU)

tldr version, I got a $1K CLI from Discover that put my total card CLs at $100,100, or $125,100 counting an AU card.

Long version:

I have noted quite a few times that Discover is my oldest card and my smallest card. That is no longer true. At $3,100, it now noses out my NFCU card, which is at $3,000. I just got a $1,000 CLI on Discover, taking it from $2,100 to $3,100. I considered only taking $900 of it to give an even number, but then thought, it's Discover, I might regret that if I never get another CLI. Smiley Happy

(Edited to add: Discover is back to being the smallest. One day later, I got a covid $4K CLI on my NFCU card, taking it from $3,000 to $7,000.)

The Discover card was opened in May 2019 as a secured card with a $500 deposit/CL. A month later, I increased it to $1,000. In December, it unsecured, with a new CL of $1,500. I was happy it unsecured in time, but not thrilled with the CL, since my scores at the time were in the 700s and I was seeing others with scores in the 600s unsecuring from lower CLs to higher CLs. I then went most of 2020 with no CLIs. Denials said insufficient experience at current CL.

A few months ago, I got a $300 CL. About a month after that, I got another $300, bringing me to $2,100. Then, I was denied again a few times (insufficient experience message), then last month, I was denied with a new message indicating I hadn't used the card enough. So, I put most of my spend through it. The statement cut yesterday morning. I applied for a CLI as soon as the statement cut and was denied. I decided, well, it's Discover, so who knows, and applied again for a CLI a few hours later and was approved for the $1,000 CL to $3,100.

This is an especially meaningful CLI since it took my total card CLs from $99,100 to $100,100. (Add $25K to both numbers for an AU card if you count that.)

My profile is so weird that I don't know if my DPs are valuable for anybody else, but just wanted to share a rare instance of the enigma shrouded in mystery known as Lady Discover smiling upon me.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Small but meaningful CLI from Disco

Congratulations on your CLI and reaching $100K TCL!

Message 2 of 17
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 3 of 17
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 4 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet and welcome to the 100K club Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Awesome! Congratulations.

Message 6 of 17
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats on the $100k TCL and the Disco CLI! Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 17
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI 🎊🎉🥳.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 8 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 17
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.