cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small but meaningful CLI from Disco (also NFCU)

tag
Fico_Salamanca
Frequent Contributor

Re: Small but meaningful CLI from Disco

Congrats!

>

>

Message 11 of 17
BAD_UP
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Disco CLI🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Discover sometimes give small CLI but when you put multiple CLI within a year you could get more CLI than some other companies offer. You are going to have a lot of room to grow.

Message 13 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 14 of 17
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Disco CLI!

|  
Message 15 of 17
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Small but meaningful CLI from Disco (also NFCU)

@KJinNC wrote:

tldr version, I got a $1K CLI from Discover that put my total card CLs at $100,100, or $125,100 counting an AU card.

Long version:

I have noted quite a few times that Discover is my oldest card and my smallest card. That is no longer true. At $3,100, it now noses out my NFCU card, which is at $3,000. I just got a $1,000 CLI on Discover, taking it from $2,100 to $3,100. I considered only taking $900 of it to give an even number, but then thought, it's Discover, I might regret that if I never get another CLI. Smiley Happy

(Edited to add: Discover is back to being the smallest. One day later, I got a covid $4K CLI on my NFCU card, taking it from $3,000 to $7,000.)

The Discover card was opened in May 2019 as a secured card with a $500 deposit/CL. A month later, I increased it to $1,000. In December, it unsecured, with a new CL of $1,500. I was happy it unsecured in time, but not thrilled with the CL, since my scores at the time were in the 700s and I was seeing others with scores in the 600s unsecuring from lower CLs to higher CLs. I then went most of 2020 with no CLIs. Denials said insufficient experience at current CL.

A few months ago, I got a $300 CL. About a month after that, I got another $300, bringing me to $2,100. Then, I was denied again a few times (insufficient experience message), then last month, I was denied with a new message indicating I hadn't used the card enough. So, I put most of my spend through it. The statement cut yesterday morning. I applied for a CLI as soon as the statement cut and was denied. I decided, well, it's Discover, so who knows, and applied again for a CLI a few hours later and was approved for the $1,000 CL to $3,100.

This is an especially meaningful CLI since it took my total card CLs from $99,100 to $100,100. (Add $25K to both numbers for an AU card if you count that.)

My profile is so weird that I don't know if my DPs are valuable for anybody else, but just wanted to share a rare instance of the enigma shrouded in mystery known as Lady Discover smiling upon me.

@KJinNC wrote:

tldr version, I got a $1K CLI from Discover that put my total card CLs at $100,100, or $125,100 counting an AU card.

Long version:

I have noted quite a few times that Discover is my oldest card and my smallest card. That is no longer true. At $3,100, it now noses out my NFCU card, which is at $3,000. I just got a $1,000 CLI on Discover, taking it from $2,100 to $3,100. I considered only taking $900 of it to give an even number, but then thought, it's Discover, I might regret that if I never get another CLI. Smiley Happy

(Edited to add: Discover is back to being the smallest. One day later, I got a covid $4K CLI on my NFCU card, taking it from $3,000 to $7,000.)

The Discover card was opened in May 2019 as a secured card with a $500 deposit/CL. A month later, I increased it to $1,000. In December, it unsecured, with a new CL of $1,500. I was happy it unsecured in time, but not thrilled with the CL, since my scores at the time were in the 700s and I was seeing others with scores in the 600s unsecuring from lower CLs to higher CLs. I then went most of 2020 with no CLIs. Denials said insufficient experience at current CL.

A few months ago, I got a $300 CL. About a month after that, I got another $300, bringing me to $2,100. Then, I was denied again a few times (insufficient experience message), then last month, I was denied with a new message indicating I hadn't used the card enough. So, I put most of my spend through it. The statement cut yesterday morning. I applied for a CLI as soon as the statement cut and was denied. I decided, well, it's Discover, so who knows, and applied again for a CLI a few hours later and was approved for the $1,000 CL to $3,100.

This is an especially meaningful CLI since it took my total card CLs from $99,100 to $100,100. (Add $25K to both numbers for an AU card if you count that.)

My profile is so weird that I don't know if my DPs are valuable for anybody else, but just wanted to share a rare instance of the enigma shrouded in mystery known as Lady Discover smiling upon me.

Congrats on your success!

The part that got me was, "I decided, well, it's Discover, so who knows, and applied again for a CLI a few hours later and was approved for the $1,000 CL to $3,100."

I've read many a post but can't remember coming across one where someone was denied and then requested again a few hours later (and to top it off Have Sucess).

Message 16 of 17
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Small but meaningful CLI from Disco (also NFCU)

Yeah, it's weird, but, Discover is weird. I decided to just go with it. The statement had just cut, within minutes or maybe an hour, the first time I tried, so I thought it may take a little time to update all of their databases, or whatever their system is. Anyway, there's no harm (as far as I can tell) in trying however often you want. Maybe if you literally tried once a minute, they'd eventually notice and frown upon it.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.