Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smith's Mastercard

tag
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Smith's Mastercard

Well, my weakness got the best of me. I'm going to try not to app for anything else for a while because my AAoA is taking a hit for 2 new cards. I got approved for the US Bank Smith's Mastercard with a SL of $1,500. Smith's is a Kroger Grocery chain. Because Kroger is stopping Visa credit acceptance at all Smith's stores on April 3rd, they are marketing the Smith's Mastercard with a bonus. $100 in free groceries just for approval, and an extra 55 cents off per gallon of gas on each 100 points redeemed for the first year instead of the standard 25 cents extra. The bonus on gas alone was enough of a factor in getting it.

I applied in store this afternoon since they had a table set up.

Edited to add: They pulled Experian. I live in Nevada. Experian is the INQ source of choice.

rewards-credit-card.png

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Smith's Mastercard

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Approval and the Very Nice SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 16
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 3 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NoiceSmiley Happy Now if you can pick up the John Q. Discover card you will be complete😜
Message 4 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That’s a beautiful SUB. I wish the Kroger/King Soopers around here had that going on lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 16
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 16
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
NoiceSmiley Happy Now if you can pick up the John Q. Discover card you will be complete😜

John Q Discover?

Message 7 of 16
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congrats! That’s a beautiful SUB. I wish the Kroger/King Soopers around here had that going on lol

I’m sure if Kroger and Visa’s fee feud continues, they will keep adding stores to the no Visa credit card list and make the local chain’s credit card more valuable to get people to switch.

Message 8 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

John Q Discover?

Sorry, my bad humor. You have a Smith Mc , as you might know that is one of the most common last names in America. Lol ie John Smith. I just went with the average name John and tossed in  DiscoSmiley Wink. Q ? , lets go with Quincy😄

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They had that offer here at my local Smith's in NM as well, but I don't shop at Smith's enough to warrant it. I'm so cheap, I usually only go for produce, meat, and eggs every now and then, along with the free Friday download...then do the survey for the +50 fuel points...then go to a cheaper Shell to redeem them LOL. 

Anyway, congrats on the approval and CL!!!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.