Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smith's Mastercard

tag
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Re: Smith's Mastercard

@Anonymous wrote:

They had that offer here at my local Smith's in NM as well, but I don't shop at Smith's enough to warrant it. I'm so cheap, I usually only go for produce, meat, and eggs every now and then, along with the free Friday download...then do the survey for the +50 fuel points...then go to a cheaper Shell to redeem them LOL. 

Anyway, congrats on the approval and CL!!!

We have Smith's, Albertson's, and Walmart in my town, and Smith's has the best quality for the price. Walmart has horrible produce so we don't buy it there, and Albertson's is way too expensive. Plus we buy all of our fuel from Smith's since it's usually the best price in town, currently $2.36/gal Regular. So on this offer, everytime I redeem 100 fuel points, we will get 65 cents off minimum, so we will pay $1.71/gal or less. If we bought enough in one month to get $1 off, then it's bumped to $1.55 off, so we'd only pay 81 cents/gal. I could live with that, especially since we have a bonus for 2x points until May. The math definitely worked in my favor for this one!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 12 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 13 of 16
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

Wow, a store or any business that doesn’t take Visa, that’s problematic. It would be hard for a business to survive in my area. I know it wouldn’t get my business. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 14 of 16
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@stonedog23 wrote:

Wow, a store or any business that doesn’t take Visa, that’s problematic. It would be hard for a business to survive in my area. I know it wouldn’t get my business. 

And that is what a number of people where I live are saying. But they are going to snuff the store with the best produce in the valley? That'll only last so long. Kroger is still negotiating with Visa, so this could all end soon enough.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchase about $150,000 in home depot cards a year at Smiths to purchase construction materials.  Just so you know, when you buy at home depot, you don't have to purchase directly from them.  They have relationships with outside vendors like ABC supply, Roofers Supply and so forth.  But you can still spend the home depot cards at home depot.  So, I get $1.00 off a gallon all year round.  Then they added the mastercard bonus.  I was approved instantly with a $10,000 credit limit.  They didn't think I was saving enough before so they added 55% more onto it.  So I get $1.55 of every gallon for a year now.  It's nice since the price of gas jumped up.  To purchase the home depot gift cards I use 4 differnt AMEX Delta skymiles cards.  I hit the tier bonus's on each one to elevate my status and to get miles.  I'm flying to Boston tomorrow for free and they upgrade me to First Class.  Of course buy the gift cards when they are 4X points.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.