Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snack's Third Amex CLI

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Snack's Third Amex CLI

Hit 182 days today and requested the full 3X CLI. Amex didn't want to give me much more, so I only got a $400 increase. I'm happy with that, and look forward to the next 3X CLI. 

In the meantime, I'm probably going to request for a Citi CLI this week. I'm also going to SD my Barclaycard Arrival in favor of my CapOne because I've redeemed over $500 in rewards and don't want to put any more travel expenses on it. I'm looking into getting the CSP or Venture for my next travel expenses instead, which will render the Arrival useless. Only 3 more months until the AF hits, so it will require a few phone calls to Barclays to downgrade the card or close it. 

Wish me luck!

P.S. Still gardening strong! 9 months now!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Snack's Third Amex CLI

Congrats! Let us know what happens with the Arrival when your AF hits.. I'm very curious if Barclays will allow you to downgrade to non-AF card.
Message 2 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats and good luck! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Best Of Luck!

And here's to some Magic come your way for a successful Citi CLI when you request it. They been very receptive on this end.

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Even a light limit nudge beats the reverse.
Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Hit 182 days today and requested the full 3X CLI. Amex didn't want to give me much more, so I only got a $400 increase. I'm happy with that, and look forward to the next 3X CLI. 

In the meantime, I'm probably going to request for a Citi CLI this week. I'm also going to SD my Barclaycard Arrival in favor of my CapOne because I've redeemed over $500 in rewards and don't want to put any more travel expenses on it. I'm looking into getting the CSP or Venture for my next travel expenses instead, which will render the Arrival useless. Only 3 more months until the AF hits, so it will require a few phone calls to Barclays to downgrade the card or close it. 

Wish me luck!

Bravo and congrats 

Who says gardening doesn't pay off ....Wooo Hooo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats!!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 11
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, very nice limit with your Amex!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 8 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Wish me luck!

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 9 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.