Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Excited. Amex Platinum!

tag
TexasKaren
Established Member

So Excited. Amex Platinum!

I'm SO excited.  With a little help from some of the awesome folks over on the credit card applications board, I learned about applying for the Amex Platinum using the incognito mode on my browser, got approved in minutes, and once I spend $5,000 (in three months) will have 75,000 points to use.  This is in time for an upcoming trip to Europe which will help me spend that $5K, and get some cool benefits like lounge access at the airport.  This is my first "high end" credit card. If you'd asked me even five years ago if I ever thought I'd have a charge card that has to be paid off every month, and has a $550 annual fee to boot I'd have said you were nuts.  

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So Excited. Amex Platinum!

Congrats on the AMEX Bling!

Message 2 of 21
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!!! You are definitely going to enjoy having this card!!!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 3 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats👍
Message 4 of 21
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Wait until you get that Platinum welcome box Smiley Happy

Really feel like a baller haha. Congrats on that wonderful charge card. I initially upgraded my green to Platinum after one year, but I wound up downgrading it to the Gold just because my travel schedule wasn't worth it, but if you're doing some traveling that is how to travel in style. 

AMEX will treat you well and enjoy those lounges! 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Platinum! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

I agree, within another probably 24hrs you'll have the platinum box arrive (Flip it over and it's a cell phone stand.) . Enjoy the perks, it's an amazing card when utilized well!  I love mine, minus the annual fee that's about to renew lol.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your platinum approval!!
Message 8 of 21
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the AmEx Platinum, enjoy!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

VERY nice, TexasKaren - congrats!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.