Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Excited. Amex Platinum!

tag
CountryLad
New Contributor

Re: So Excited. Amex Platinum!

Congrats! Well played.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. If I traveled often, I surely would have this in the arsenal 

Message 12 of 21
LOC
Contributor

Congratulations, I absolutely love mine! 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 13 of 21
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your AmEx Platinum approval - I will be apping for that one in November!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 14 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 15 of 21
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!! Thats that card I'm apping for when I exit the garden next year.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TexasKaren wrote:

I'm SO excited.  With a little help from some of the awesome folks over on the credit card applications board, I learned about applying for the Amex Platinum using the incognito mode on my browser, got approved in minutes, and once I spend $5,000 (in three months) will have 75,000 points to use.  This is in time for an upcoming trip to Europe which will help me spend that $5K, and get some cool benefits like lounge access at the airport.  This is my first "high end" credit card. If you'd asked me even five years ago if I ever thought I'd have a charge card that has to be paid off every month, and has a $550 annual fee to boot I'd have said you were nuts.  

Congrats, it's a lovely card to have.  I actually like having a charge card since it keeps me responsible and accountable on paying things fully without the temptation to go overboard

Message 17 of 21
TexasKaren
Established Member

Sheesh. I FINALLY received it this morning at my work address via FedEx, after a few failed attempts at home delivery by UPS. The one sent by UPS is still floating around their system.

Anyway, nice phone stand, lol.

I'll look at all the literature tonight when I get home, and register for all the benefits that I'll use.
Message 18 of 21
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

congrats. the platinum is on my list of cards. benefits are great.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 19 of 21
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval - enjoy breaking it in!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.