Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I app'd for the QS 1 on Friday... Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I app'd for the QS 1 on Friday... Update: Approved

...And this morning CapOne called me up and offered to upgrade my old Platinum card to the regular QS (I've had it since dirt was young...Cat Tongue )  I took them up on the offer, since there were going to be no adverse consequences (no HP, no AF) and only benefits.  Of course, the QS1 app is still pending--got the 7-10 day message on Friday, which means it could go either way. from what I've read.

Wondering what triggered them to offer me the upgrade?  Was it my application?  Is this some sort of consolation prize if they deny me the QS1?  Am I overthinking this (probably)?

My whole purpose behind getting the QS1 is to transfer all or part of the balance from my closed with balance Chase card (result of a hardship agreement from over a year ago), and decrease my overall utiliization, which is at about 46%.  And because I now have the QS, if I get the QS1, I'll combine them in the future to get rid of the AF.

A what's weird, is BofA just lowered my APR from 29.99% to 14.99%, just as the statement cut.  Balance is zero.  Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, because I think this is probably good news? 

Mod note:  I've updated the thread subject to reflect your approval; feel free to edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: So I app'd for the QS 1 on Friday...

Wow, thats a huge cut in Apr from Boa. I would feed that horse gold if it wantedSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 16
kobe2012
Established Contributor

If you got 7-10 day msg.. I would call them up .. might be fraud dept... just verifying you did d app... good luck

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Cap 1 use to and believe still does some heavy data mining.  Dw got a CLI out of the blue on her QS when another  reported a higher limit. it was not time.   

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, thats a huge cut in Apr from Boa. I would feed that horse gold if it wantedSmiley Wink

Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL

I know, right?  I was pretty surprised to see that, but thanking my lucky stars that they did it.  Not that it's very relevant, given that I don't plan on carrying a balance ever again. But, maybe it is a good sign...Smiley Wink

Edited to add: This BofA card is one that I've had for a very long time, so maybe that had something to do with it?  Who knows, but I'm pretty pleased overall...

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kobe2012 wrote:
If you got 7-10 day msg.. I would call them up .. might be fraud dept... just verifying you did d app... good luck

I think you're right.  I called them up, and they just wanted me to validate that I indeed submitted the application so that they can continue to process it.  Still, fingers crossed!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was 29.99% penalty APR or your initially approved APR?
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Was 29.99% penalty APR or your initially approved APR?

The 29.99% was what it became when I was having financial issues over a year ago, now suddenly it's down to 14.99%.  That is actually lower than my initally approved APR, because this was one of the first cards I ever had.  I think I started, if I recall correctly, at something like 24.99%.  

I guess maybe they're seeing less risk than before.  The account has aged, and I'm using it correctly...I don't know.  

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penalty APR is usually only applied for a set period of time after you've caught up, the fact that they dropped you 10 points below the initial APR means you're doing really well, congrats and keep it up.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today to check the status, and I'm approved!!  Yay!  I don't know what the CL is, but I'll keep you all posted on it.  Cat Very Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.