cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So ashamed of myself for biting on this one (Virgin America Visa SP approval)

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

So ashamed of myself for biting on this one (Virgin America Visa SP approval)

In the hopes that BoA will acquire the portfolio from comenity, I app'd for this card because BoA will not let me, no matter what. Go figure if the portfolio is either dropped or picked up by another bank Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 4.50.03 PM.png

The SP entry:

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 5.14.11 PM.png

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: So ashamed of myself for biting on this one (Virgin America Visa SP approval)

What can this card do for you?  With all the CCs you already have?

Just wonder how much you let your spending through your $400k CLs..... Quite impressive.

Message 2 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: So ashamed of myself for biting on this one (Virgin America Visa SP approval)

Deja vu YSmiley Happy Dag nab it pesky $50Smiley Wink gratz Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's not a bad approval at all. I'm of the same thinking as you and have given thought to grabbing this with the hopes that the portfolio goes to BoA. I had the majority of my accounts with Comenity shut down about 14 months ago during that first wave of random shut downs for "too many inquiries". Hoping that doesn't end up being the case for you as there's not really any rhyme or reason to how many they consider too many. I did open a second AKC Visa about 6 months after my shut downs and that has remained open and just got a bump to 11.5k. Did you get this via SCT or cold apped for it? I haven't been able to get a pop up on this one again. I know there are a couple members who could apped Virgin and still managed to get a SP for it. 

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card.  Pretty good chance that this card will go to BoA after the merger is complete.  I have the card (via SP as well) as well and after 6 months they are pretty good with CLIs.

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been thinking about it too 😔

LOL 😂 SERIOUSLY! 

Ps....that card is really pretty 

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

WooHoo! Look @ this. Proud of you. Enjoy and don't spend it all @ once.
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the card.  Pretty good chance that this card will go to BoA after the merger is complete.  I have the card (via SP as well) as well and after 6 months they are pretty good with CLIs.

Huh? BoA is taking over VA visa? Hope so because I have the VA visa card with a 10k limit that barely get any usage. Would love to combine the 10k limit to my BoA card to where I can atleast get BT offers and other options.

Message 8 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Huh? BoA is taking over VA visa? Hope so because I have the VA visa card with a 10k limit that barely get any usage. Would love to combine the 10k limit to my BoA card to where I can atleast get BT offers and other options.

speculation currently as Alaska Airlines bought out Virgin America and BofA services Alaska Airlines CC.  Obvious choice would be to sell the portfolio to BofA.

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burnt BofA back in 2011 for about 35000 through a struggling business.    I wonder if tgis 

might ne a way back in.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.