Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoFi - Approved

tag
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

SoFi - Approved

I get bored and curious way too much...  I never got the invite to apply but I did start playing with the SoFi ecosystem by opening a checking account and dumping 5k on the investment side. I know this post is for credit cards, but I will tell you the platform for the investment side is really simple to use but is not as simple as the Robinhood interface... Back to the credit card. I unfroze my Experian.  I was instantly approved for $15,000 with an APR of 16.99%. I don't really know if it's going to be enough to replace my NFCU-Flagship as a daily driver... Here are my specs:

• LMFAO / 24 - I don't think I'll ever get a cool Chase card, but I do have their Amazon, Hyatt, IHG, and Disney
  • They pulled FICO-9, which is at 773
  • 12 inquiries in the past 12 months, so they're not annoying like Citi
  • 2% utilization

One thing I will say about the new fintech companies is they have the process pretty smooth. I was able to seamlessly add the card to both Apple and Google Pay; however, for some reason, Samsung Pay wasn't an option.SOFI Approval.jpg

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: SoFi - Approved

Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈 on your approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 29
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your SoFi approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 29
justjac2
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 5 of 29
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great SL, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your SoFi approval!

Message 7 of 29
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 8 of 29
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@sto0pyd wrote:

I get bored and curious way too much...  I never got the invite to apply but I did start playing with the SoFi ecosystem by opening a checking account and dumping 5k on the investment side. I know this post is for credit cards, but I will tell you the platform for the investment side is really simple to use but is not as simple as the Robinhood interface... Back to the credit card. I unfroze my Experian.  I was instantly approved for $15,000 with an APR of 16.99%. I don't really know if it's going to be enough to replace my NFCU-Flagship as a daily driver... Here are my specs:

• LMFAO / 24 - I don't think I'll ever get a cool Chase card, but I do have their Amazon, Hyatt, IHG, and Disney
  • They pulled FICO-9, which is at 773
  • 12 inquiries in the past 12 months, so they're not annoying like Citi
  • 2% utilization

One thing I will say about the new fintech companies is they have the process pretty smooth. I was able to seamlessly add the card to both Apple and Google Pay; however, for some reason, Samsung Pay wasn't an option.SOFI Approval.jpg

CONGRATS @sto0pyd !

I have very similar #s as yours and have been with SoFi with the money account since day 1 and they never got back to me with an invite either.

You said they pull FiCO 9, which CRA?

EDIT: Nevermind about which CRA, I missed the part about you unfreezing Experian, so that is the FICO 09 they pulled. Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.