Did you mean: 

SoFi - Approved

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: SoFi - Approved

@sto0pyd wrote:

I get bored and curious way too much...  I never got the invite to apply but I did start playing with the SoFi ecosystem by opening a checking account and dumping 5k on the investment side. I know this post is for credit cards, but I will tell you the platform for the investment side is really simple to use but is not as simple as the Robinhood interface... Back to the credit card. I unfroze my Experian.  I was instantly approved for $15,000 with an APR of 16.99%. I don't really know if it's going to be enough to replace my NFCU-Flagship as a daily driver... Here are my specs:

• LMFAO / 24 - I don't think I'll ever get a cool Chase card, but I do have their Amazon, Hyatt, IHG, and Disney
  • They pulled FICO-9, which is at 773
  • 12 inquiries in the past 12 months, so they're not annoying like Citi
  • 2% utilization

One thing I will say about the new fintech companies is they have the process pretty smooth. I was able to seamlessly add the card to both Apple and Google Pay; however, for some reason, Samsung Pay wasn't an option.SOFI Approval.jpg

Great write up.  I agree about the pleasant UI and UX of the  new fin techs.  

Makes the Wells Fargos, Synchronys, Comenitys and PenFeds look circa 1990's.

Message 11 of 29
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

I think most of us on this forum get way to bored and curious. Lol 

If loving credit is wrong I don't want to be right! 

Congrats on sweet approval! Cheers 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 12 of 29
Demented1
Established Contributor

Outstanding…congrats on your SoFi approval!

Message 13 of 29
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 14 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 15 of 29
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 16 of 29
BAD_UP
Established Contributor

Congrats on your SoFi Approval🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 17 of 29
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

March 2024: Experian 762; Equifax 767; Transunion 769

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 04/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (2) Trans: (1) Equif: (1)

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exciting!  Congrats!

Since you're LMFAO/24, is it safe to assume that you were over 5/24 when you were approved for their co-branded cards ie IHG and Disney!

Enjoy that new card!

@sto0pyd wrote:

I get bored and curious way too much...  I never got the invite to apply but I did start playing with the SoFi ecosystem by opening a checking account and dumping 5k on the investment side. I know this post is for credit cards, but I will tell you the platform for the investment side is really simple to use but is not as simple as the Robinhood interface... Back to the credit card. I unfroze my Experian.  I was instantly approved for $15,000 with an APR of 16.99%. I don't really know if it's going to be enough to replace my NFCU-Flagship as a daily driver... Here are my specs:

• LMFAO / 24 - I don't think I'll ever get a cool Chase card, but I do have their Amazon, Hyatt, IHG, and Disney
  • They pulled FICO-9, which is at 773
  • 12 inquiries in the past 12 months, so they're not annoying like Citi
  • 2% utilization

One thing I will say about the new fintech companies is they have the process pretty smooth. I was able to seamlessly add the card to both Apple and Google Pay; however, for some reason, Samsung Pay wasn't an option.SOFI Approval.jpg

Message 19 of 29
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CL!

I received an invite as well, thinking of opening an account - how much would you say is safe to start with and apply for the credit card ?

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.