Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Approvals and some Closures - BCE and CashForward

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Some Approvals and some Closures - BCE and CashForward

Thanks all for the nice words.. I wouldn't recommend this for thin profiles and low AAoA's for sure.. Hopefully it works out for me without getting my hand slapped!

Message 21 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@willwar14 wrote:

Congrats.. Only a $150 bonus on BCE? I was able to get $250 to pop up just now... Smiley Sad

I did several incognito's last night and that was the best one I could get to pop up.. I think the 250 one is gone although I could be wrong.. Was gettting the 65k PRG and 50k PRG alot last night when doing this and usually when I get that I also use to get the BCE/BCP 250/450 thing, think it is over

Edit:  You sure it was the BCE and not BCP you got to pop for 250???

Message 22 of 38
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I am positive, I helped a friend a few days ago get the pop up for $250..
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 23 of 38
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on closing the cards and on the new card, CreditCuriousity.  Well done!

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 24 of 38
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Honestly, PayPal Extras hasn't served any real purpose for me in a long time but it is one of my oldest accounts and I have some sortof odd sentimental attachment to it for some reason.  I've considered closing it a few times but just can't bring myself to do it. 

Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCuriousity wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Surprised to see you getting the cashforward because you were a pretty strong critic of it when it came out. If you don't use it often, takes awhile to get to the $50 minimum (which is my issue with it, and I have one!). But I know we change our minds sometimes.

HPs aren't that big of a deal in most cases but you still know it's best to limit new accounts.

I agree... Just the Hawaiian I was planning on cancelling AF was coming up and wanted to dump it and no sense on having a 20k CL on my SM card and it was 100 bonus although in reality 100 sign-up bonus is less than 2 hours of work for me although it is still free money.  Was just looking for a no AF cc that was decent to move some, not all my Hawaiian airlines CC to and let the rest of the limit die as I didn't want to be over 200k in credit as a golden rule of thumb for myself..  I do have alot of new accounts that is for sure, but part of rebuilding is getting rid of less desireable ones and gettting better terms ones which the CashForward I got the best APR on that card somehow..

CreditCuriosity,

Thank you for your explanation and reasons why, to include your original post!

This place is endless for Learning and Assistance !

Thanks again!

Message 26 of 38
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats CC. 

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success! Nice SL on the BCE!
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats CC.  Sorry to see your Platinum card go.  Guess if we ever meet up in Vegas, I'll have to take you in as a guest to the Centurion Lounge Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats CC.  Sorry to see your Platinum card go.  Guess if we ever meet up in Vegas, I'll have to take you in as a guest to the Centurion Lounge Smiley Wink

That was the plan Smiley Happy..  Some of us should meet up in Vegas on of these days speaking of it!

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.