Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some CLI's and a history - Amex OBC, Discover IT, Citi DC, Cap1 Spark

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some CLI's and a history - Amex OBC, Discover IT, Citi DC, Cap1 Spark

Some history, and most recent CLI's - sometimes things are so predictable, other times - huh??????

815-825 on all three for the past 6 years or so years with no lates or issues, maybe 20-40% usage/util. Business appx 6 years old w/ 3-15k/mo charges, although some slow months are less and busy months can be up to 30k.

Amex OBC - CURRENT :$50,000 (last approval 42 to 50)

20 year anniversary! First card, was prob $500 then. Didn't start to request cli's until about 7-8 years ago. No problem with any requests at all with maybe 5-6 steps to get there, 1x a year. Abandoned a lot of everyday spend b/c no price protection or 2% cb, but still use it for 5% gas, groceries, drugstore and amex offers.

Discover IT: CURRENT: $45,000 (last approval 37 to 45)

Started around 3k, 1-2x a year requests, lots of smaller charges - $10-$300 or so. No problems with requests/approvals, however very last request was denied bc I barely use the card anymore - understandable. Sort of just wanted the 50k to have a nice even number matching amex Smiley Happy Use mainly for specific 5% categories, offers and some smaller charges to try and show some activity.

Citi DC - CURRENT: $16,000 (last approval 12 to 16)

About 1.5 years old, started at 4k. A few requests with no problems, has been out everyday card for the 2% and price protection, so lots of use. Easy approvals every 6 months, hoping to built this to 25 soon - few more steps as it seem they do 5 or so grand each approval.

Cap1 Spark - CURRENT: $8,000 (last approval 2 to 8)

Most difficult card to date. 7 months old, 2k to start and absolutely NO help when trying to increase 3x on the phone/online. 6 month point offered $200!!!  Lots of charges, payments, always down to 0 and early bill pay. FINALLYYYYY 2 weeks ago - online request was approved --- would have had to abandon card otherwise. Hopefully will double over the next few increases.

Chase Ink: CURRENT: $20,000

Approved the day we opened our business, haven't requested an increase as it's our backup card but probably will soon.

I don't know how some of you manage 8, 10, 15 etc cards.  5 is just about the max of what I'm willing to deal with and DH is ready to explode when I change things on him every few months Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Re: Some CLI's and a history - Amex OBC, Discover IT, Citi DC, Cap1 Spark

Nice portfolio with some great CLs you got brewing! Congrats on the recent CLI success!
TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job on your increases and a great looking profileSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Am I the only weirdo who likes the CL's to match when possible or be "even" (25k, 50k, etc) I know, I'm strange Smiley Happy

I would love to see some spreadsheets from people who have 10+ cards. Is that how everyone keeps organized?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.