Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Hard Pulls Are SOOO Worth It - USAA CLI

tag
Aahz
Established Contributor

Some Hard Pulls Are SOOO Worth It - USAA CLI

My USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa passed the 6 month mark last week and the CLI Luv Button appeared right on schedule (12:01am CST on day 181 from opening).

I'd opened this card to take advantage of a 12 month BT offer and it was sitting at 59% individual utility, thus holding down my FICO scores.

Waited for some fresh data to report and hit the Luv Button last night to be rewarded with an instant doubling of my CL from $13k to $26k and bringing the utility on that card down to just under 30%.  

The bump from the utility drop will end up outweighing the ding from the HP.  As the title says - SO worth the HP on EQ.

EQ FICO08 - 749

AAoA - 4.4 years

Income - Low 6 figures

Average credit line - ~$25,000 across 16 cards

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Some Hard Pulls Are SOOO Worth It - USAA CLI

I call that lender very RELIABLE!!!

Congratulations and continued success with USAA Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Nice congrats I can't wait for my CLI button to appear for me , got 3 months to go!!
Message 3 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also does the button show up at 6mths from opening date or 6 statements? Sorry new to this with USAA
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is the luv button located? I've had my card for almost 9 months and would like to give it a try.
Message 5 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

It's on the side where card services would be in your online account
Message 6 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Right hand side , it will have several services you can do with your cc , and one of them should be to increase credit line
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 thank you, I'll check when I get home.
Message 8 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Np let me know if yours is there
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I have the USAA preferred cash visa and it was originally at 7k. I had to do some calling in to update my address and such and told them that I went back into the service, but as a reservist this time. Then one day, when I went to pay my bill, I found that they had given me an auto CLI, bumping me up to 8.1k and I have/had about 85% util on it.

But congrats, it's always awesome to get a CLI...now if only Chase and Citi would do so. Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.